Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
larrybell

Default Digital TV Converter

I was wondering if anyone had hooked up their digital to analog TV converter. I was planning on hooking the TV input to a spliter, then routing one leg of the spliter to the TV input on the selector box. The other end of the spliter would be to routed to the converter and then to the AUX input on the selector box. (I am assuming that the selector box has a co-axial output).

This arrangement would not interfere with the ability to receive cable from a campground site, and I could receive over the air transmissions if I were at a site that didn't have cable.

Will this work?

2002 Sun Voyager - 33ft. 2 slideouts
Old 08-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Bill Reetz

Default Digital Converter

J have a series of drawings from winegard for installing the converter box for several different scenerarios (sp?). They are in microsoft excel format. Drop me a line with your email and I'll forward them.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Texas TC

I just converted my digital box today with a splitter. My control box did not have coaxial input/output (on my coach, the coaxial cable comes directly from the antenna to the TV, not through the control box and the DVD player and satellite dish receiver go through the control box and input/output are wired with red, yellow, and white wires). Using the coax cable from the antenna, I tried to set it up with two splitters wiring through and around the digital converter. Short story, it did not work. Then I added an A/B switch. I put the A side coming out of the digital converter and the B side to direct cable and voila, it works great. I now can use the A switch for digital TV and B for regular TV (at least for the next few months) and cable. Good luck with your project.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
larrybell

Default Private Message

Bill - check private messages. Thanks everyone for your help. I have it functioning.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
gairef

Default Re: Digital Converter

On Aug 4, 08, Bill Reetz posted the following message. Could you also forward the converter box drawings to me at [email protected]

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Reetz
J have a series of drawings from winegard for installing the converter box for several different scenerarios (sp?). They are in microsoft excel format. Drop me a line with your email and I'll forward them.
gairef is offline   Reply With Quote