Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
Ed D

Default BT cruiser Upgrading shower.

[attachment=0:32ui2kje]2.jpg We love our 04 Bt Cruiser 28 ft with bedroom 1 slide and we plan on keeping it till we cant drive anymore . Its garaged and looks like new. We go to RV shows every year and after we walk through all the new models ( including the new 2017 Bt Cruisers) we find the older BT interiors are so much cozier with nice solid oak cabinets and nice material ceilings and nicer then any newer ones made. But that stupid sit down bath tub shower is terrible design and had to go.

i see the new BT modle as we have has a regular walk in shower now with a 8 inch step in and not tub to step over and into. So after much research on line and finding out its almost impossible to get items made in new RVs like fancy showers. But I did find one company who you can buy through that buys from shower manufactures with different sizes nice surrounds that have a tile look. It is not cheap to buy and deliver but its well worth the 525 I got it from Pelland enterprises.

I pulled out old stupid tub gulfstream used, I had to reroute all the plumbing , pex and drainage. Then build a nice more solid frame then Gulfstream had for tub for the base to sit on.I also added a china Toilet, built a nice size storage oak storage under sink cabinet that was wasted space, crown molding and tile on small floor in bathroom.

I do household renovations so working on upgrades in our BT is like my biggest hobby. I have laid hardwood floors to upgraded parts of cabinets. Its one reason we can never sell it. I aslo added a 500 watt solar system and Magnum inverer system. We are ready for any camping situation.

I am repainting the pewter color along bottom this Spring and using a good clear coat on it. The fiberglass finish I have so buffed it has a higher shine then it did new. These BT cruisers are so perfect for 2 people and being 2 years from retirement and they are gems to own. Here link to facebook album of work I did so far bathroom is still be finished up. Cut and paste link ..... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... bef700a26f
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (91.1 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (105.6 KB, 302 views)
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote