Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
Winnie

Default Endurmax that has been nothing but a problem

We bought an Endurmax with the toy hauler in '06, it was a new '05. The first year we didn't use it much. There was always a problem...power wouldn't work when plugged into power source at a park. Would come on perhaps later.

Systems sometimes work on the generator.....then go off. Power still hooked up and perhaps one hour later the air and other electrical things go on. We've had it to the dealer a few times and each time they fix a little something and it works for them.

We found out about the step switch governing some of the power....crazy.

A lot of fuses were blown next to the last time we used it. The last time, a few weeks ago....electrical was off and on......seemed to come on at will.

For over a year we basically camp in an expensive aluminum or what ever the thing is made of...tent. Not fun

It is in the rv shop as we speak. Was called today and my husband said that they said that it was working OK now.

We also have a problem witih the brake light coming on shortly afterleaving home or where ever we were parked....also the bell, that drives you crazy....it seems like nothing works correctly.

Thankfully the lift gate and all that works ok, that's what my husband bought the stupid coach for.

Has anyone else had multiply problems with an Endurmax?

We were told that the brake light problem has to be checked by the Chevy people...it's a Kodiak chasis.

Any input would be helpful

Winnie[/b]
Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
RJ82much

My 1st guess regarding intermitant power would be a defective transfer switch, or the wiring connecting it. I would also make sure that anyone changing it know exactly what they are doing & how it works.

GS does not label anything so care must be taken to make certain generator & shore are connected on the correct sides. I believe mine (Light Power System) does have a wiring diagram inside the cover. That diagram does nothing to determine which cable is which leading into the box.

I have no suggestions with the brake light/backup bell(?). If it was just the brake light, I'd 1st look at the switch on the brake pedal to see if it could/should be adjusted. You've got me on the bell.

Keep us informed of progress, OK? This has to be very frustrating (that's obvious - duh) for you. Winnie, I take it you don't enjoy the toys that are being hauled? Oh well, it's a guy thing.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Winnie

Default Endurmax that has been nothing but a problem

Thanks Bob, I will print out your info so I can relay it to my husband. Some of the things you mentioned I think I've heard but some are new and we will check into them

Oh, my the way, I do like the toy hauler....we aren't into ATV or bikes or anything....we use the toy hauler for Antiques and that I do like. The lift saves my husband a lot of stress lifting or pushing item on a dolly up a ramp etc.

We picked up the MH this morning and I just got back so I haven't had a chance to ask my husband about it.

We won't be able to get the coach into the Chevy place before we go out of town this week end.....big 44th annual antique fair in San Juan Bautista Ca. Hope the bell dosen't ring all the way....well, it's only about an hour and a half drive. Last time I put in a new Celtic CD and cranked it up loud to drown out the bell....worked pretty good.

Will keep you posted as to what the RV people say and do about these problems. I'm sure they are not unique to our couch.

Winnie
Old 08-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #4
John P Benz

Hi JB here, this may be a cross post to the c-class section. I had problems with abs brake brake sensors, all lights and bells in the cab going off, it was the rear sensors. You might want to take it over to Chevy and have te sensors checked.
JB
Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
Winnie

Thank you for the reply. We did take it to the Chevy dealer that Gulf Stream told us to go to. Since it was a Chevy problem and not Gulf Stream. Happy to say that, that problem was fixed....still working on a few other pesky things.

Winnie
Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
CarrieL

Default Enduramax Wide open Toy hauler

Winnie....I Have to agree! The frame on my toy hauler cracked and it was not even a year old! Its been at the factory since September of 2009. Not only was the frame an issue but we also have a list of 25 other problems that have to be addressed. They mostly consist of plumbing in both kitchen and shower, molding pulling away from door and ceiling, wiring wrong on sound system, cracked and defaced wood an cabinetry, ect. Complete nitemare!
CarrieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
Winnie

Hi Carrie...was surprised to get a posting since it was 07 I believe that I posted my problems.
Some of the issues have been fixed but overall I can't say that we have been too happy with our EndurMax toy hauler.

We actually haven't been on a long trip with it, further than up the West Coast to Wash. from Calif. Different family matters came up to keep us home.

We are planning a trek to the East Coast in late Summer and we will address any present problems before leaving....and keep our fingers crossed LOL

Sorry to hear about the extent of your problems in such a short time. I have to say that we have friends with other brands of RV'S and they have had some problems also but it seems that Gulf Stream seems to have more than it's share.

Winnie in Calif
ps. not sure what time zone this site is from , when I previewed this post it said "posted Jan 12 about 4:45 am. It is 11: 43 am on the 11th of Jan. here