Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #1
gihuff

Default Just purchased a 2018 Vista Cruiser 19erd

Have some issues with quality, love the layout as I find no other company making this rear dinette/ walk around queen in this length. Some stuff pretty cheesy but aren't most RV in this price range?
gihuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
exjay

Congrats! Yea, they all have their quality issues (some more than others) but the key to to find/detect issues asap so the dealer can take care of them in the warranty window. Double check all your plumbing fittings for tightness... you'll be surprised.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
gihuff

Yea problem is Dealer is 300 miles from me where I had to go to buy it.
Fortunately I work on my own stuff anyway and already had to strap down the fresh water tank, replace a screen clip missing on window among some other stuff
gihuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:13 AM   #4
atreis

You're really better off doing the work yourself anyway, especially for things like strapping down the water tank. That way it gets done the way you want it done.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
exjay

^ agreed unless its a major repair/expense. I live 1 mile from our delaer and have done several (minimal) repairs at home vs. setting up an appt and taking it there. I want to know whats done and how as a piece of mind.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #6
McKannick

Have read that Gulfstream (as a whole company) rates about an "8" out of 10 for customer satisfaction with the product , not necessarily the dealers
Our 2006 21' MBLE has major rainwater leak problems over the years. Everything still works, but will have to replace floor in restroom & by the exterior door. Knowing that the next one, if/when we go for yet another Ameri-lite http://www.superdealsrv.com/2018-Gul...ple-GA/6268585 we will go over EVERY joint / seam of the roof / corners with Eternabond sealant tape where it can't be seen from the ground and DiCor lap sealant everywhere it can be seen.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote