Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
sueandjerry

Default New to Gulfstream

We were just informed that our new 2008 BT Cruiser 5272 will be on it's way to us from Indiana the end of this week (it was ordered the beginning of June). We are previous Fleetwood Class A owners and wanted to downsize just a bit. I have been viewing the messages on this forum since we ordered our coach and have found many interesting things. However, I don't often see posts from people that have the BT. Is there anything in particular we need to watch for or know? I already have obtained the new coach checklists from irv2.com. Thanks for any input you can offer, we looking forward to chatting with you in the future.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
Maggie

We have a 27 ft BT and love it. Sometimes it is a little crowded but
we like being able to go to a lot of places that a larger rig won't.
Ours is 3 years old and we have had no major problems. GS has
taken care of the ones we couldn't handle. When you look at the roads we expect this things to go up and down you need to expect some
problems.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
pete beale

Default new to gulfstream

Good luck with your new RV,look out for slideouts that come in too far damaging the sides,wiring that is too short going across middle of cupboard openings instead of around the edges,massive water leeks in lockers,just drill holes in the bottoms,no catches on overhead cupboards,lack of cushens for table bed conversion,matress on bed that must be worth about $5. Replace it straight away, on full body paint they only paint three quarters of visable paint, junk under floor covering that catches when you put the slides in, showers that leek,door fittings that fall off,woodwork plugs missing,pelmets hanging off,only day shades not day/night ones,screw heads that will rip your feet to pieces under the table,I could go on ,
Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
sueandjerry

Default Greetings UK from Bainbridge Island, Washington

Ouch! Sounds like you have had alot of trouble. So far we are okay, just picked it up on Saturday. We have always used a foam pad on our RV beds and just moved the one over from the old one, seemed to work fine. Our biggest complaint is the shoddy workmanship--lots of poorly sanded wood, screws and nails, etc. I still cannot believe they don't put in Fantastic Fans! But, thankfully my husband was a professional woodworker in our early days so he is working hard to fix things, build shelves, etc. We didn't spring for the full paint, just the skirt, and we have noticed some caulking problems. I hope you were able to get most of your problems fixed and are happier now than when you got it! I will double check the slides. And, I agree about the shades--I spent most of the afternoon cutting up the bedspread to make extra curtains to hang in the bedroom windows to darken the room. (Could not BELIEVE they put a bedspread in a camping vehicle that needs to be drycleaned!!)

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #5
11B

Hello Streamers, nice little site you have here with plenty of good info. Bought a 42 Friendship a month ago and couldn't be happier. Dealer takes care of problems so far and everything seems to work as expected, price was right and I'm R Ving.

I have read a lot of bad stuff about Gulf Stream on other fourms (but then again they fat mouth every Manufacturer) and hope most of what I read is just bull.

I called Gulf Stream the other day and was treated great by a Gal named Molly in customer service. Hope this keeps up, just maybe its a sign that a times are a changin at GS.

Glad to meet you all.

11B
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
SueMac

We hear Molly is pretty good, but others aren't. Glad all is working out well for you. Once we get our Super Nova rebuilt we'll be able to get on the road with it. Thank goodness both hubby and I are folks that like to fix and tinker and make things better.

SueMac
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote