Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
Abner

Default Winter Camping in a StreamLite 22FB

Hi,

I ordered a 2008 StreamLite 22FB and I'm still waiting for delivery. I image that all of the new of the new StreamLites have the same insulation and same heater.

I would like to know what the coldest tempature that a StreamLite owner has used thier camper in. And how well did it do.

I know that one needs to worry about lines freezing, and I do not plan to camp in really harsh condition, but I would like to know how they handle in about 40 degree tempertures. Can the heater keep up in high 30's or low 40's temperture?

I know the size of the RV will make a difference and also if you also use an electric space heater to supplement the furnace. I just trying to get a rough idea.

Thanks
Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
nglauer

Default Re: Winter Camping in a StreamLite 22FB

I was curious how your experience ended up. I realize this is a very old post, but I will also be staying in a Streamlite through the winter months. I plan on picking up my new to me 2007 26QBSS this coming week. I noticed the waste tanks were exposed, and could not tell if the trailer had any type of actual insulation underneath. I plan to ad tank heaters, and will enclose the underside with coroplast or something similar. I will probably use some type of foam insulation as well (heavy blue sheet insulation) I think I can just liquid nail some of it in place, and then the coroplast will insure that it doesn't blow out. I will also be purchasing some type of electric heater, or cat heater such as an olympian (although I prefer to save as much propane as possible). I also plan on using some type of bubble insulation on the less used windows (this will allow light to come through). On the windows where light isn't a big deal I will use the silver backed bubble insulation. I will also be placing vent cushions in the overhead vents. Last two things on my list are underskirting and a heated fresh water hose. I haven't figured out which route to go with the underpinning... I will probably make my own due to the cost of having one made (I've had price quotes of 1500-3600.00!!!!). I'm thinking I will use some type of tarping material, cut in sections. I will add zippers or velcro to seam the pieces together and also utilize velcro to attach it to the bottom edge of the trailer. I will then use pool cover weights or tent stakes to secure it on the underside. I will probably ad a 110 gfi outlet under the trailer as well so that I can place a low wattage bulb under it to help with heat and so I can see under it if I need to service anything.

Anyways, hate to resurrect an old post.. but if you are still on here I would love to hear your experiences.

Kind regards,
Nick
nglauer is offline   Reply With Quote