Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
D Nick

Default 06' Endura 6340, 2 buy or not 2 buy

Hello everyone,

As of now I am NOT a GS owner but I have the opportunity to buy a 06 Endura 6340 chevy/kodiac diesel w/ less than 5K mi. that's about to be repo'd by the bank. Honest opinions please to help me make my decision. We really like the looks of the thing and I'm excited by the towing capacity since we pull a 16' tandem trailer with a polaris ranger and other assorted junk.
This is still a large chunk of change to spend and I want to feel confident in my decision.

Thanks for any and all reply's, Nick
D Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Nanaeve

Default 06 Kodiak

We spent about 4 months looking, driving the different units and there was a great difference in handling between the kodiak and the international chassis with the same coach on them. I felt the koadiak was almost undersized for most of the coachs greater then 33-34 ft and have read that several posters to this website have gone to great lenghts to get the handling to an acceptible level. Drive it in the wind and on the freeway for a while 10-20 miles before you decide.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
Texas TC

I and several others on this site have switched from the Chevy chassis to the International. I have been told that at great owner expense for after market suspension enhancements, a Chevy Kodiak can be made to drive well in all road and wind conditions but I did not find that to be the case.

Not trying to rain on your parade but I would stay away from the Kodiak at all costs. JMHO.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
D Nick

Thanks for the honest input, you guy's just saved me a bunch of time and from what it sounds like, heartache over a bad decision.
Happy travels to you all and if I find a good deal on the Interantional I will be back posting.
D Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
Swanee

Send a message via Yahoo to Swanee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas TC
I and several others on this site have switched from the Chevy chassis to the International. I have been told that at great owner expense for after market suspension enhancements, a Chevy Kodiak can be made to drive well in all road and wind conditions but I did not find that to be the case.

Not trying to rain on your parade but I would stay away from the Kodiak at all costs. JMHO.
I have a 05 6340 Endura KOdiak I did the suspension mods 7k miles around the US very windy at times no problems. Did have some mech. bugs to work out nothing serious all recall items.
Mike
See Texas TC has a 07 Jeep Wrangler, is it a Unlimited and how is it working for you?
thanks
Mike
Swanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Texas TC

This is my third and favorite Jeep Wrangler. I have about 25000 driving miles on it and another 25000 miles behind the coach. It is not the Unlimited but I find the little two door works great for wife and I. This is also my first hard top and I like it much better than the soft top models. It is quiet and I can easily remove the two t-tops if I want some sun without having to lay back the entire soft top. Towing is a breeze, don't even know it is back there.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
Swanee

Send a message via Yahoo to Swanee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas TC
This is my third and favorite Jeep Wrangler. I have about 25000 driving miles on it and another 25000 miles behind the coach. It is not the Unlimited but I find the little two door works great for wife and I. This is also my first hard top and I like it much better than the soft top models. It is quiet and I can easily remove the two t-tops if I want some sun without having to lay back the entire soft top. Towing is a breeze, don't even know it is back there.
I have a 2008 Unlimited its #3 Jeep absolute favorite was my 99TJ hard top way too many upgrades. Wifey said too small need 4 doors and trim down to only RV+Toad thats where we are now. New one to pretty to bang up like 99 O'well time marches on... going back to Colorado and Utah we will see....
Swanee is offline   Reply With Quote