Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-06-2023, 03:45 PM   #1
Airdale 3D190

Default Cargo trailer LED lights don't work with Sun Voyager

Hello, first time posting an issue on this forum. I have a 1999 GS Sun Voyager 8362 tag axle class A (v-10 F-53 chassis), and I am pulling a new Big Horn cargo trailer with LED lights.

My issue is that the turn signals and brake lights on both sides of the trailer do not work when connected to the motorhome (4-way flat).

I tested the MH wiring by connecting to another utility trailer (4-way flat), which worked great. The only difference I can see is that the utility trailer has incandescent lighting vs LED lighting on the cargo trailer.

I tested the cargo trailer lighting on my 2016 Cadillac SRX (4-way flat), and all running lights, brake lights, and turn signals work fine. The Cadillac has LED lighting, which leads me to think there is a compatibility problem between the older incandescent system and the newer LED lights. I have good grounds on both the MH and the trailer chassis.

I suspect there is not enough breakover voltage provided by the MH when braking or using the turn signals, but I don't know how to confirm this or to remedy if that is indeed the problem.

Any words of advice are welcome.....Thanks in advance!
Airdale 3D190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:10 PM   #2
Airdale 3D190

Hello all,

Problem solved. Corroded wiring. Replaced the turn signal wires (green and yellow) that feed into the trailer connector of the motorhome. Thanks
Airdale 3D190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 02:45 PM   #3
fperez7802

Great you found the problem. I too have the same model RV. I am trying to sell it but can't decide on a sales price. Can you divulge what you think a good price would be for this RV? It has 64000 + miles on the odometer.
fperez7802 is offline   Reply With Quote