Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
mikathi

Default "05 Sun Voyager 8295 Symbols on instrument panel

Our first motorhome. Not much specific paperwork about the coach. Camping World did their best on a walk through. There is a green light that looks like a gear on the left side of the instrument panel next to the tachometer. Any idea what this is? We also have a double switch inside a cabinet door to the left of the kitchen sink. The water heat switch is below these, but these two switches don't seem to do anything.
mikathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
sd1209

Default Re: "05 Sun Voyager 8295 Symbols on instrument panel

Just saw your post and I will do my best....I have the same mdl but an 06..

Only thing I can think of ref the green gear looking thing at that location is cruise control..that is where mine is and it might look like a gear.......Comes on green when CC is engaged.......

The switch.....Mine is a bit different but I have one switch, same as the light switches, in that door below and left of the sink..Took me a long time to figure it out but it is for an overhead light....Stupid place to put it and makes no sense..Never use it..... I just turn the light on at the light, works better...

The Owners Manual that came with the MH is generic and pretty near useless...some general stuff and better than nothing....I spent some time on the internet and printed the Owners Manual for all my specific appliances, jacks, etc...That is worthwhile time IMHO......

The chassis info-----if you have a Ford, as I do, I called Ford MH Customer Relations (they are in Lake Havasu of all places) and they sent me the manual for my year....Free of charge, shipping, etc...Good deal and I use this manual.....If you have a Chevy, I don't know.....

Good luck and have fun.......

2006 Model 8295 GS Independence
30', 3 slides, V-10
sd1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
mikathi

Thanks for the info. I found out that the green light with the gear on it has to do with "grade brake". Now I need to find out the proper way of using it. Owning a motorhome is like a mystery. I'm good with cars, electronics, plumbing etc, but things on the RV are unlike all those, in that there isn't anyway of knowing what something does, except by trial and error and I'm not fond of many errors. I have a switch on the dash that has a battery symbol on it. What does this one do???? I'll eventually find out.
mikathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
Camperman

Hello, did you ever figure out all those switches and symbols? I have a 2006 Sun Voyageur 8295. I eventually learned about them but it took months and some trial and error. I too, am not fond of errors but I learned, at least with this rig, that as long as I was in a good driving position, had good control, going at a comfortable speed etc that I could try some things. It worked for me.
If you have any questions I'll be glad to take a shot at it for you.
Mark
Camperman is offline   Reply With Quote