Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-31-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
GHerbig

Default Brand of Radio

We just recently purchased a 2017 Gulf Stream Conquest 6237 and cannot find out what brand of radio it is and how to turn on the camera in the back.
GHerbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
BadX

Default Re: Brand of Radio

Usually when you put it in reverse the camera turns on
BadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
wbraunberger

Default Re: Brand of Radio

we have a 2016 6237 also. I would like to know the make and model radio also.
wbraunberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
CaryL

We have just purchased a 2017 BT Cruiser 5245. The radio does not appear to have any vendor identification either. It included a camera display that only works when the gear shift is in reverse. Since the radio controls speakers mounted to the outside and bedroom areas it has to have been installed or modified by Gulf Stream.

Is there any way to modify the setup so the camera would be on while driving down the road? This would be especially helpful when towing a car or trailer and to monitor when it is clear to cut over after passing.

Does anyone know how to remove or access behind the radio?
Is it possible to install a manual switch in place of the wiring for reverse gear to manually control when the camera is displayed?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated!
CaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
Livnadream

Default Conquest Radio/Camera

We purchased our 2018 Conquest a year ago. That Camera and Off brand radio has been our only disappointment. We had a Thor Freedom Elite before this. The back up camera had a setting to be able to view your vehicle while going down the road. A good sense of towing security. We took it to the local Camper Dealership and they were able to figure a way for us to put a switch on it so we can still view it occasionally. And we have outdoor speakers to play the radio/CD player but, in what way. The only way to turn it on is to use the key switch. We’re afraid it will run the battery down by doing that. Just wish they had put a better camera in it. Like others, I have no clue what kind they put in there. And the little user manual was not a bit helpful as to how it can be used.
Livnadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:42 AM   #6
CaryL

FYI- I had created a post under the Class B+ listing titled "Control of Rear Camera?". I had attached pictures of the back of the radio in the BT Cruiser series which sounds like the same radio in the Conquest. There is more on what I was able to trace on the manufacturer. On the second page of the tread there is a 22 page manual on the radio which had a wiring schematic in the end. It might be of help.

There was a wire lead hanging from the radio that is for the old style Apple iPhones. I was able to find an adopter and now can directly attach my newer iPhone for playing music.
CaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #7
Restorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryL View Post
FYI- I had created a post under the Class B+ listing titled "Control of Rear Camera?". I had attached pictures of the back of the radio in the BT Cruiser series which sounds like the same radio in the Conquest. There is more on what I was able to trace on the manufacturer. On the second page of the tread there is a 22 page manual on the radio which had a wiring schematic in the end. It might be of help.

There was a wire lead hanging from the radio that is for the old style Apple iPhones. I was able to find an adopter and now can directly attach my newer iPhone for playing music.
Here's that post with the manual;
http://www.gsowners.com/forums/showt...5412#post25412
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #8
Microguy

We have a 2005 we think, and its a ASA brand radio, which stands for Audiovox Specialized Applications. Which I guess is made for Ford or GS.
Microguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #9
Livnadream

Thank you for the update. That tells me Gulfstream went pretty cheap to put an older radio in it instead of an updated one.
Livnadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #10
Microguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryL View Post

Does anyone know how to remove or access behind the radio?
Is it possible to install a manual switch in place of the wiring for reverse gear to manually control when the camera is displayed?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Sorry, missed that one......

Look at the left and right edges of the radio for two small holes on each side. If you see them, you need to order a removal tool off amazon. theyre cheap. Just two "U" shaped pieces of wire. You insert them into those holes, it disengages some latches on each side and acts like snifty little handles. pretty neat, but crummy you even need them.

I installed a Dual Multimedia player with GPS. Works well, but had to modify the dash to make it fit. and didnt hook up the screen to the camera, yet. Want a better camera first.

and yes, you should be able to add a switch for the camera. not sure if it should connect 12v or ground though, probably 12v.
Microguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:23 PM   #11
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

A FEW THOUGHTS: 1) Many RV radios are selected without SMART tech to reduce phantom load on chassis battery; 2) the old AM/FM/ Cassette has zero battery drain when IGN/ Switch OFF vs Smart Displays that have separate memory power wire, and power loss (battery Switch) loses all programming* of channels, phone, etc.; 3) Many Cameras are powered from Rear RUNNING LIGHTS, so then VIDEO SIGNAL detected by radio/ monitor and then auto switches to video (camera). My (user installed) wireless video RECEIVER also powered by IGN ON, so no receiver drain if ACC ON just listening to radio w/ engine OFF. 4) Radio brand/ model often displays on the screen when tuned ON on smart radios. (* 3-minutes or 30-minutes to program?)