Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Grasscutter

Default New roof or epdm coating

Hi ya'll, new to the forum.
I have a 94 Tour Master. Pretty good shape for it's age, kept inside most of its life. Really starting to get concern about the roof. Not really thrilled about forking out 12k or so for a new one. Was thinking about an EPDM coating or maybe even the Flex Armor spray coating. I saw the flex armor a couple of years ago on the internet but I can't find any recent reviews. Believe there is a place in Mississippi that applies the flex armor which is close, I'm in Alabama. I plan on keeping the motorhome a couple more years. Since it's so old would it be better to do the coating myself? Just looking for ideas, opinions, and advice.
Grasscutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #2
Restorium

I would EPDM coat it. I did mine. Wasn't very hard to do. Watch a couple youtube videos on it first and it's easy.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:03 PM   #3
jamesham

Default I have solved the roof problem

I have a 1996 Gulf Stream Class C and faced the roof problem of repair or replace. I elected to recoat it myself with the Dicor two-step rubber roof coating. (It actually is 4 steps because a lot of cleaning is required, and a clear sealer top coat makes it look better.)

It has been 5 years now and no leaks. It took me a week with good weather and medium temps.
jh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasscutter View Post
Hi ya'll, new to the forum.
I have a 94 Tour Master. Pretty good shape for it's age, kept inside most of its life. Really starting to get concern about the roof. Not really thrilled about forking out 12k or so for a new one. Was thinking about an EPDM coating or maybe even the Flex Armor spray coating. I saw the flex armor a couple of years ago on the internet but I can't find any recent reviews. Believe there is a place in Mississippi that applies the flex armor which is close, I'm in Alabama. I plan on keeping the motorhome a couple more years. Since it's so old would it be better to do the coating myself? Just looking for ideas, opinions, and advice.
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote