Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Neil

Default 36' Sunvoyager Bus Windshield

I have owned a 1998, 36' Sun Voyager Bus for 3 years now. Last year while traveling through Wyoming the gasket seperated from the fiberglass at the upper outside corners of the windshield. The wind was terrible, as always seems to be in Wyoming. I belive the gasket seperation was a result of the structure flexing in the wind. Does anyone know if a wider replacement gasket is avaliable? Seems if a replacement gasket was avalible that "lapped" on to the fiberglass/glass further, this would eliminate the problem. Also, is urethane used on both the fiberglass and the glass side of the rubber gasket? Mine seems to have none. Any help in resolving this problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
quikduk

No wider ones are available to my knowledge. Here is a brief post on our windshield saga on another RV forum.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f110/windshi ... 35197.html

The pinch weld area isn't very large. The gasket is a one piece deal and the keys (aside from having the correct glass shapes) is to have the installers properly clean and prime both the gasket and pinch area. They then glue the gasket fully (urethane) to the pinch area. This sits for about 1 hr. and then the glass is glued to the gasket groove. After this, the correct size (and NEW) locking strip is installed.

So far, so good on our glass.

BTW, the glass came from Duncan Systems while the gasket and locking strip came from Gulfstream.

Good luck.