Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
Truck55

Default If I hadda known

I bought an 04 sun cruiser about a year ago. The exterior looks almost new. But it been one problem after another. Right after I bought it cooling coil went bad. I fixed that

Then jack went bad. I fixed that

Then when parked and you turn radio switch on the steps will go up every time you close the door. Still can’t figure that one out.

Had it closed up for a couple of months. Went inside and mold all over the passenger seat, wall and dash. Went up on roof and resealed all the seams. Ran water on the roof and no leaks.

Brakes stuck and overheated. Changed all calipers and now can’t get all the air out of the lines. Have to pump them once and then they’re good to go

Cruise control quit working.

I have had to replace shocks and all sway bar bushings

I understand moho’s require work but this is the fourth moho that I have owned. And none of the others have had near as many problems Best one I ever had was an old Bounder that was cheap. Never had problems with it but I didn’t have slides or jacks

I am looking for another moho now and it won’t be a Gulfstream.
Truck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
Restorium

Bad previous owner(s). Some people can ruin anything. Some people take care of their stuff. If I were to sell my Gulfstream the new owner wouldn't have a thing to fix. Sorry to hear of your misfortune but you might have it close to straightened out now. All that work can turn into buyers remorse.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
Frutza

Sorry about your bad luck, yea motorhomes are not for the faint of heart, its always something, and some people don't the working end of a screwdriver, If I was in the market yours would be on my list, you have to be close to the end! I hope you fix the steps problem before you sell so you can tell us what you found, that's a good one, good luck on your quest
Old 12-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #4
Restorium

The steps are a grounding issue. They are getting a ground through the radio circuit, probably through the antenna. The ground wire probably got messed up. Ground the step motor and you should have that one fixed too. If that doesn't work then put a switch in the wire that leads to the magnetic switch on the door, that will disable the auto door function while the switch is off. Or just turn off the steps at the regular auto step switch.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:09 PM   #5
Sudsy

Default Next Time

Do a better inspection or get someone that knows what they are doing to do it for you. If you're not handy and cannot fix things yourself don't get another coach! Water does not cause mold. Moisture and darkness do! If it'd not in a sunny spot put a light inside and use a dryer bucket or two to prevent that. My 05 has it's issues too but I would never consider another of lesser quality like most built today (excluding the premium coaches that cost $200,000.

Sudsy
Old 12-05-2018, 05:04 AM   #6
Big Shasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Do a better inspection or get someone that knows what they are doing to do it for you. If you're not handy and cannot fix things yourself don't get another coach! Water does not cause mold. Moisture and darkness do! If it'd not in a sunny spot put a light inside and use a dryer bucket or two to prevent that. My 05 has it's issues too but I would never consider another of lesser quality like most built today (excluding the premium coaches that cost $200,000.

Sudsy
LOL...Water doesn't cause mold, moisture does.

As a person living in the aftermath of hurricane Michael where most people have a leaking roof in their house right now that mold is a constant battle..wish I had a penny for every growing spore in the area.

To the OP, get a dehumidifier also.

Surely you're almost done with repairs....hopefully you caught it all!
Old 12-05-2018, 06:06 AM   #7
Restorium

Which brings up,
Can't stress this enough;
You have to check and see if the vehicle could have possibly been in a flood BEFORE you buy it. Cars, trucks, RV's, there are a lot of flooded vehicles, undisclosed, ready to ruin your buying experience.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #8
RayChez1

That is a lot of problems you have had with your coach. The radio step problem brings back memories of a previous motor home I used to have. It was a brand new Coachmen Aurora and it had a problem like the one you described on yours. I only kept the coach six months, it had only 5K miles on it, but it was driving me crazy with the radio, step thing and I traded it in for a brand new at the time 2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser. This has been a real good coach. Very few problems with it. But it did cost me a lot more then the coachmen. Coachmen was 89K for a 36' motor home, Scenic Cruiser was 250K.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote