Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default OK here goes

Well we just got back from 5 days camping in the Gulfstream sun Voyager 36 ft. triple slide.
Things I would change if I were to design it.
1. Comode would have to be higher, feels like you are setting in a hole.
2. bathroom sink is too high, now if I were 6 ft 5 inch tall it would be fine.
3. bed platform is too high, I almost need a stool to get in bed
4. I would have put more cabinets in the bathroom and also a little better lighting system
5. Would design a better entertainment cabinet, a problem when the kitchen slide out is in.
6. Would have installed some slelves in the kitchen cabinets
7. Would design the bedroom slide out so you could use a slide out topper on it. There is no room to install one the way it is set up and they are times when the wind is too high to have the main awning out.

Ok now things we enjoyed,
1. love the refrigerator, lots of ice and room for all of our wants in the way of food
2. Like the roominess of the unit, makes you feel as if you are in a small apt.
3.Drives like a dream, so much more power than the ford had
4. Air cond. does a good job and much more quiet than the winnebago I had
5. like the flush system that is on the holding tanks, makes it so easy to flush your tanks.
6. not sure about the fresh water fill yet, I haven't figured out how to saniti ze it yet.
7. wife loves the kitchen, so much more counter space

After testing and retesting all the systems, it appears that everything is going to be fine. No problems at all.

We also gave the bedroom slide out a good test for water leakage , for it rained four of the five days we were there.

I know five days is really not much of a test but I wanted to try everything out before the 100% 30 day warrenty runs out.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
RJ82much

Default Re: OK here goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
Well we just got back from 5 days camping in the Gulfstream sun Voyager 36 ft. triple slide.
Ok now things we enjoyed,
1. love the refrigerator, lots of ice and room for all of our wants in the way of food
2. Like the roominess of the unit, makes you feel as if you are in a small apt.
3.Drives like a dream, so much more power than the ford had
4. Air cond. does a good job and much more quiet than the winnebago I had
5. like the flush system that is on the holding tanks, makes it so easy to flush your tanks.
6. not sure about the fresh water fill yet, I haven't figured out how to saniti ze it yet.
7. wife loves the kitchen, so much more counter space

After testing and retesting all the systems, it appears that everything is going to be fine. No problems at all.

We also gave the bedroom slide out a good test for water leakage , for it rained four of the five days we were there.

I know five days is really not much of a test but I wanted to try everything out before the 100% 30 day warrenty runs out.
I think you nailed the things we love about our Sun Voyager.
The refrigerator works perfectly. Sure, bigger would've been nice, but more than enough room for 2 people. The unit holds temperature regardless if on electric or gas. We turned off our ice maker BECAUSE we havent figured how to sanitize our fresh water yet... Did you think about that as you were sipping your nice cool, iced tea? Uh oh.......

With the slides out, it IS like a small apartment. Just like home, I can stretch out on the floor to watch TV... & not be in her way. Our model #8351 has what amounts to a huge bathroom. Why can't they put in a 2nd towel holder though? I tried to purchase a 2nd one from GS, but I guess the manufacturer's identity is a trade secret, & they insist this complicated installation would be best left to the dealer (@ $95/hour)

The Chevy engine with the Allison transmission,,, what a combination. I don't think I could be any happier. Powwwwwer.

Here's the story with our A/C units. 95 degrees outside & I was able to maintain 68 degrees inside with 1 unit running! I'm impressed. Is everyone aware that the ceiling ductwork connects between both ACs? No one told me. You can operate the bedroom unit and cool the front very effectively. Swap to the front when you go to bed. Plenty of cool air without the noise. Very impressive.

Now the story. I like it cold, & must've snuck the thermostat down to the 62 degree mark one night because it was sweltering outside. Wife gets up early & goes outside. She can't beleive her eyes. She called it frost, but we know it was just condensation, but the whole damn RV frame was marked by this condensation. I don't see a need to insist on a 50amp service because one AC at a time seems to really do the job. Close & open the ceiling ducts to channel the cool air where you want it.

There's no doubt about it, you're traveling in style when your're traveling in the Sun Voyager. Just imagine what it'd be like if GS would just correct the stupid stuff?

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
gsadmin

This is what really gets me. With two posts like this, how can Gulf Stream not undrstand what advocates they would have if there were a bit more helpful with things like your towel rack and the more detailed documentation and diagrams?

The one thing I can concur with above is the lack of shelving in my coach. Kitchen cabinets are super tall but they have no shelves. My bathroom has tons of space behind and above the commode where shelving for towels, etc. would go perfectly.

Once again, Guf Stream, please realize what you are missing out on here...loosen up...
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
darbyjudy

We have installed another towel rack above the comode. It looks good here and now I have a spot to hang my towel.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:57 AM   #5
AAFD

One other thing is the heating system, our unit heats well in the bedroom but not well up front. There is only 2 heating ducts in the back (in front of the pocket door). We use a electric heater up front on the dog house for additional heat.

KC