Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Dish System & Sony surround system

Well I spent most of the day getting my dish shstem working in the MH. I have a 2004 Sun Voyager model # 8379.
If gulf Stream would have only provided information to me in the way of a operators manual it could have saved me a lot of time.
I was told by La Mesa that I needed to run another line to hook up the portable Sat. dish to but after talking to others I found out that the MH already has a hook-up for this purpose located in the rear compartment where the electric cord is located. All I had to do was install an AB switch so I could choose between the portable and the one on the roof.
Another place they could have saved me a lot of time was with the Sony surround system. I could not figure out why the FM radio in it would not work, after pulling my hair out I find the antenna amp. has to be turned on. Never knew that. I knew it muct be on for bat wing antenna but for the FM radio.
That is one big difference between Winnebago and Gulfstream, Winnebago give you a operators manual that tells you how to run the system, but Gulfstream gives you a manual that tells you hardly anything.
I guess over time you will learn but boy I sure get pissed trying to figure it out.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

We just bought a used 03 Friendship with the Sony DVD, radio, and TV. Our rig came with manuals for every thing in it. Have not been able to get the TV sound through the speaker system. Will probably never use the FM as we moved the XM radio form our truck to the couch. It works great through the speakers. If any one has figured out how to get TV sound through the speaker system please let me know. We also insalled a Direct TV dual system.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
darbyjudy

Default Sound through the sony speakers

Make sure the switch on the dash is in the right position.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
RJ82much

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecounter
We just bought a used 03 Friendship with the Sony DVD, radio, and TV. Our rig came with manuals for every thing in it. Have not been able to get the TV sound through the speaker system. Will probably never use the FM as we moved the XM radio form our truck to the couch. It works great through the speakers. If any one has figured out how to get TV sound through the speaker system please let me know. We also insalled a Direct TV dual system.
I posted the following on another topic, concerning the "mysterious" sound system:

"I've been asking GS customer service for weeks for the identity of the manufacturer of the AVS-100 box in the DVD/VCR/FM cabinet. Who made it, how it works, why it's there? Well, while snooping behind that now infamous panel by my left foot, I took a closer look at a flat, firewall-mounted box way under the dash.... (assumed it was a computer module for the WorkHorse) Nope, it was labeled River Park Co. "HT Switching System" PN 6CHXOV-01, with an invitation to visit their website at http://www.riverparkinc.com for more information. River Park is the manufacturer of the "Smart Source AVS100 Video Switcher". They have a wiring diagram download of the "supposed" complete AV system used in our coaches. It appears that there is a possibility it is not exactly what Gulf Stream provided however... More investigation required.

Also, River Park didn't include the wiring diagram of their HT Switching System box online, though the box does apparently switch the audio source to the speakers between the Sony Home Theater system and the chassis CD-Cassette-FM-AM radio. I have emailed their tech service asking for more product info on the 6CHXOV-01. Now, if you experience speaker problems (scratchy, breaking up, muted), you know where to look for the potential cause.

I'm not sure of the exact configuration needed to get the Sony system playing FM & TV, but your dash FM should be off and the dash "music" switch in one of the 2 positions... (you'll have to figure which one).

Before you go ripping the under-dash box out, thoroughly explore all the connections & settings. Assure that the front - back settings are at least equal, assure the connectors are plugged into the back of the AVS switcher. If I recall, something was unplugged in mine.

I can't recall all the details, and haven't seen our coach for weeks now as the dealer (100 miles away) is fighting with GS over stupid things.

Keep us posted if you do solve the problem and what caused it.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote