Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
kenbob208

Default Crescendo fresh water tank

We just got home from a trip to the mountains in North Carolina. I was removing everything from the basement and saw water tripping from the front of the water tank.

After closer inspection I can see a very small crack in the bottom of the tank.Coach is an 07 model with only 8,000 miles on it.Has anyone else had this problem?We live in Florida so water freezing in the tank is not the cause and nothing was rubbing against the tank either.

Plan on calling Gulf Stream on Monday hoping not to get the I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do line.
kenbob208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
univmd

Default Water tank

On my 2008 Tourmaster, the fresh water tank also leaked. The tank was not fixed to anything and slid around, bending the section where a pipe was attached. I had to buy locking straps to clamp the entire tank still. Not sure if your crack might be cause by the tank banging around from not being fixed tight to the motorhome?
Old 08-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
kenbob208

Default Re: Water tank

Tank has all of the hold down straps. Crack is on the bottom of the tank, no doubt in my mind it's a defect. I posted it trying to get everybody's input as to what kind of reply we would get from Gulf Stream.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
David Bott

Seeing it may be out of warranty, guessing for not sure when you purchased and if it was new, you may be out of luck getting help with replacement costs I am sorry to say.

If costs are to high for you to replace it at this time, You may care to empty the tank and make sure the crack area is dry (hair dryer) and then try to use epoxy to seal it. It should both seal the crack and also help to keep the crack for continuing.

(Just a suggestion. Other products may be on the market for this. Epoxy was the first thought I hand based on stopping the leak and helping the strength. Note, not sure if you had worked with epoxy before, but once you mix, you have little time to apply. )
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
kenbob208

It's out of warranty (time) but only has 8,000 miles on it. Kind of hoping being that it is an obvious defect kind of hoping Gulf Stream will help in some way or am I hoping to much?
Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Give GS a call, they have surprised me on items that I thought they would not take care of.
But in all truthfulness, it is out of warranty, so it just depends on what person you talk to at GS.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
micacrumb

Send a message via AIM to micacrumb

Hi Just joined GSowners and saw your question.
If you decide to try and fix it yourself because the factory won't cover it, you will need to drill small holes at each end of the crack to stop it from growing. I've used hot glue in the crack. I first make a v in the crack with the hot tip of the glue gun and fill it with the hot glue. I've done this in the past on our old "78"class C on the gray and black tanks which were cracked by the previous owners by freezing. They were the white material just like the water tank.
Hopes this helps