Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
WE B RVN

Default Hello to All

Hello to All
I have been viewing this site for some time now. It is a great site with lots of good info. We were members of the Yellowstone National travelers since 1988. In 1991 Gulf Stream bought out Yellowstone and Adopted our club into the Gulf Stream family. We also are members of Good Sam, FCRV, and FMCA, and are active in local chapters. We still work, however we camp most weekends and on vacations. We are in our mid 40s and are most often referred to as the kids. I bought my first RV at age 22. Now on #7: 5 travel trailers and 2 motor homes. Three of them were Gulf Streams, 2 of them Yellowstone prior to Gulf Stream, and 2 some other brand, 5 were used 2 were new. We love our GS motor home. We also love attending Gulf Streams Back Home Rally. We still have 10 years to work, then plan to retire as full time RVers.
Thanks for your contributions to this website. We appreciate all of the info we get here.
WE B RVN
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!

We are glad you decided to join in our forum. We look forward to your input with you vast knowledge of your RV experience and hope you will share that with all of us.

I enjoyed reading about the information you provided about the Yellowstone and Gulf Stream's purchase of the company since our coach carries the Yellowstone name as a model made by Gulf Stream.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
Maggie

Have you heard about the KEOHWEVA chapter of Gulf Stream owners.
Our members are from Kentucky, Ohio & West Virginia. We have 4 rallies a year, one being the BHII rally in June.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:48 AM   #4
WE B RVN

Hi Maggie

Yes I have heard of the KyOhWeVa chapter of Gulfstreamers. I was the president the first two years of that club. That club is into it's fourth year now. We are Kevin & Cindy. Who are you?

We are members of three chapters in other clubs. The KyOhWeVa chapter of Gulfstreamers Is like our family now.

WE B RVN
Old 10-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE B RVN
Hi Maggie

Yes I have heard of the KyOhWeVa chapter of Gulfstreamers. I was the president the first two years of that club. That club is into it's fourth year now. We are Kevin & Cindy. Who are you?

We are members of three chapters in other clubs. The KyOhWeVa chapter of Gulfstreamers Is like our family now.

WE B RVN
Hi Kevin,

I didn't recognize the coach in your signature. When did you get that one?

I have talked to you several times at the Back Home Rally's in the past years. This is Ronnie & Jeannie Woods.

If we ever need someone to handle the parking duties, we know who the experts are.

Good to have you here and hope you tell others in your chapter about the forum.

Ron
Old 10-30-2006, 03:39 AM   #6
WE B RVN

Hi Ronnie & Jeannie
I thought GStream40 was you, Ron, but was not sure. Thanks for identifing. Yes, we have talked often at the Back Home Rally.

We have looked for a used mid-entry DP for over two years. I had given up on it and almost bought a front door unit at the Back Home Rally last summer. We made an offer on one then excepted the dealer's counter offer. Then the salesman added $10,000 to it and told me he was not authorized to make that deal. After that, I was not talking with him, I will not fall for that. Then after the Rally we found the mid-entry you see in the signature. Found it online at a dealer in Michigan 500 miles from home. It was a consignment unit. We bought it and the dealer bought our Sun Clipper. I could not believe the dealer gave us low retail for it after negotiating the Scenic Cruiser to below low retail.

We are no experts at parking, but we try. Can't please everyone, right.

Yes, I will talk up this site with our members. It sounds like a previous post (Maggie) is a KyOhWeVa member. Not sure who it is.

Have Fun
WE B RVN
Old 10-30-2006, 06:44 AM   #7
GStream40
Site Team

Kevin,

You are not the only person that I heard about where the dealer that was at the rally actually raised the price of the coach at after the offers were excepted. Shame on them!!! Makes one wonder if they do that during the deal, what are they going to do after!
Glad you walked away from it, that is what all should do!

We have one couple that purchased/ordered a new coach at the rally that are in our Ohio Cardinals and they said they would never purchase another from that dealer. They didn't go into details, but they are not happy with that dealer for some reason.

For you it sounds like it worked out for the best because you were able to get a great deal on a great coach. I will expect to see it at the next Back Home Rally.

I don't know who Maggie is either, but I am sure she will identify herself.
Maybe if she would put her RV description in her signature you would know who she is, Hear that Maggie?

Ron
Old 10-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #8
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you here. It sounds like your experience will be very helpful in these parts. Enjoy the forum and happy camping.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #9
Jill

Hi, and welcome! Sounds like you already know some of the forum members, as well as having a lot of knowledge about RVing in general, so glad you're here to contribute!

www.northwestjewelry.com
[email protected]
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #10
WE B RVN

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome.

When do we recieve our free gift for joining? Just Kidding.

We often come home from Gulf Stream Rallies with Gifts. Also, we have won back our rally fee two years. The last three Back Home rallies we have won over $1,000.00 in cash, prizes, and rally fees.

WE B RVN
Old 10-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #11
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE B RVN
Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome.

When do we recieve our free gift for joining? Just Kidding.

We often come home from Gulf Stream Rallies with Gifts. Also, we have won back our rally fee two years. The last three Back Home rallies we have won over $1,000.00 in cash, prizes, and rally fees.

WE B RVN
Hmmmm.....Maybe we should charge you for joining with all the monies you have won.

Gee, didn't we tell you that your free gift is in the mail along with the check that you won't get.

The Back Home Rallies are a great place to win money. In 2004 at the rally we won $1800.00 in the drawings for the buyers of new RV's.

But spenting what we did for the coach, it just didn't come out right.

Ron
Old 10-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #12
Maggie

Hi Kevin & Cindy, when did you get that coach? You didn't have it
in August in Bradstown. I have been a member of this forum almost
from the beginning. We have a BT but I check everything new that is posted. I am always looking for new members to the Gulf Streamers as well as the KEOHWEVA's
maggie
Old 10-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #13
Maggie

Hi Kevin & Cindy, when did you get that coach? You didn't have it
in August in Bradstown. I have been a member of this forum almost
from the beginning. We have a BT but I check everything new that is posted. I am always looking for new members to the Gulf Streamers as well as the KEOHWEVA's
maggie
Old 10-31-2006, 05:28 PM   #14
WE B RVN

Hi Maggie
I think it was the weekend after Bardstown when we bought it.

Three BTs attended the bardstown rally. And two BTs drove in for the meeting. Two of those attended the Elkins Rally and knew we traded. So that leaves three possibilities. One I can eliminate from the list. That leaves two. I think I know who you are but since you won't tell me, how about a hint? Is your BT 23' or 27'?

Anyway you missed a good rally at Elkins. The Turners donated a stained glass window that fits in rv doors. It was beutiful. We gave it as a door prize and the Eschbachers won it.

Don't forget the hint
WE B RVN
Old 10-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #15
WE B RVN

Hi Ron
I remember when you won $1,800.

I was in a hurry when I wrote that post and as I look at it now I discovered that I did not finish it. So here it is

The Moral of that story was--Get involved, Volunteer, Join Owners groups, Participate in National and local Rallies, Host a Rally. It really does Pay.

Of course, there is nothing better than the friendship. But the dollars help get us to the next rally.

WE B RVN