Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
CaptRon

Default Lock Cylinder Recall

Maybe this is old business but I got a recall notice for the lock cylinders on the doors of my Visa 19ERD. I went to the Fastec recall site and filled out the form online to get replacement cylinders. I think this was done back in December or January and I still haven't heard from Fastec not even an email or a notice that they have my claim and are working it.

Since then, I've tried calling their 800 number as well and left a message but still no reply. I also called Gulfstream who told me that they're hard to get a hold of and that they're backed up (isn't that always the case?)

Anyone know if they're still in business?

Anyone have any experience with this recall? Any other contact information that I might be able to use?

Thanks
CaptRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Marvin

Default Re: Lock Cylinder Recall

I received a notice from Wesco Fastec dated October 31, 2013 about recall on cylinder lock . I was to call (800) 837-2505 or contac their web site (www.fastecindustrial.com). I received another letter dated December 20, 2013 regarding the recall from Gulf Stream to contact Fastec giving the same telephone number and web address as stated on previous letter from Wesco Fastec. I contacted Fastec and received two new cylinders, keys and a postage paid return envelope. Replacing cylinders was quick and easy. I returned cylinders and keys in postage paid envelope as requested and no further communication has taken place.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote