Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
cvbdsl

Default 2008 Super Nova 6362 questions

I am looking at a 2008 Gulf Stream Super Nova 6362 but am having some trouble finding information on it. NADA does not list this model at all so it is hard to get a general price comparison/value for this model.
The price listed is $139K in CAD and it seems high, even with a 30% plus exchange rate to the USD. So some questions, looking for answers that can help. It's located a 5 hour drive away so I'd like see if it is worth the drive.

1. What is the difference between this model and the 6372 model? I also can't find a brochure on the model listing the specs and nothing on NADA. I do see some for sale on rvt.com but still would like a solid reference point.
2. Are these still being made by Conquest/Gulfstream? I can't seem to find any on their web site (conquest does not exist any more and Gulf Stream only seems to have a "BT" model), Nothing with an International or Freigthliner chassis,so are they now "orphans" so to speak? If they are not made anymore any idea why?
3. Are there any "gotchas" on this model? Concerns about engine, chassis, overall reliability, fit and finish etc. I know there have been discussions on rough rides but not sure if it cover this model as well.
4. Any other pros or cons?

I am on my third MH ( a 2003 Newmar DSDP) but am thinking of getting something newer and the Super C's like this have always appealed to me. I can usually fix anything on the house side but the mechanical issues - not so great, but I do have a good diesel shop nearby. So not a newbie to all the issues of owning a rolling house .

Thanks for any info.

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
LabCab

Default Re: 2008 Super Nova 6362 questions

I have a Brochure on the 6362 in PDF form. Can't seem to copy and past it here. PM me or send me or contact me with an email address to [email protected] and I'll forward it to you. Fred
Old 02-16-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
SlimTim

Default Re: 2008 Super Nova 6362 questions

Hello Chris,

I have a 2008 Gulfstream Supernova brochure and it does not list a model 6362. I can find them online but they are not in the 2008 brochure I have. It also looks as if many of the 6362 online are late 2007 or early 2008 models. You can tell this by looking at the cab steps. In 2007 and early 2008 the steps to get in the cab were fabricated out of steel. The later models had formed fiberglass steps to get in the cab. I have read about some people changing the steel steps out for fiberglass steps so this is not always the case.

Gulfstream stopped producing the Supernova around 2012. Most of the Supernovas were manufactured in 2008, however you do see a number of 2009 models as well. I think the total production run was from late 2007 through up to or through 2012. But with that said I have never seen a used 2011 or 2012 SN for sale. I purchased a 2010 SN 6400 about 12 months ago and I have only seen one other 2010 come up for sale since then. I think the economy is what killed the production of these coaches.

In regards to how they ride, build quality and other things, it all depends on what you are comparing it to. The SN's were known for having a harsh ride as well as cabin noise. The longer models such as my 6400 were worse than the shorter 6362 that you are looking at. You can purchase an air ride rear suspension, and in my opinion it is a big improvement over the stock leaf springs. However you can expect to pay around $12k US for the air suspension and installation. The road noise can also be reduced by installing additional insulation. I owned a super C built on the Chevy Kodiak truck and the cab noise was very similar, however the International Chassis is much nicer to drive than the Kodiak was.

I have test drove some of the Jayco super C's built on the freightliner chassis with that have the Cummins ISB and power is about the same as the GS. The VT365 engine is very similar to the ford 6.0 diesel. If you search for ford 6.0 diesel you will find many bad, and good things about this engine. Personally I think its a good engine if you do some modifications to it such as installation of an oil cooler. You can look for my post regarding the installation of a bullet proof diesel oil cooler on my 6400. Transmission is an Allison and they are pretty tough.

The reason I purchased my SN is I primarily dry camp and the SN's have way more fresh water capacity than most other supper C's of this vintage. I also wanted the full size king bed as I am over 6 feet tall and my feet hang over the end of the "short" RV mattress's. And one of the biggest reason's was price. The only other comparison around this vintage is the 2013 and up Jayco built on the Freightliner chassis. However most of these were $25k to $50k more and had less freshwater, grey water, and black water storage. And as I mentioned above I don't think they have any more power as these are built with the ISB Cummins engine.

Asking price in the US for a 2008 63XX is in the $90K range. You see a lot of the 63XX's for sale in the US so if you don't mind waiting you can probably locate a nice one.

To sum it up I don't think you will have any more or less issues with the 2008 SN as you would have with any other similar RV of this vintage. However I do think you could get a much nicer but a bit older diesel pusher for the same price as the SN.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
tourofduty

Default 2008 gulf stream

Hi my name is Tim i bought that 2008 super nova from Heidi's and I have nothing good to say about the sales person i dealt with and the stuff he lied to me about the RV. it rides nice but everything to do with plumbing they covered it up and it lasted long enough for one trip.so you did yourself a favor not dealing with Heidi's Rv keep away from the salesman named Derrick Liddle i have not been able to go on a trip due to all the plumbing issues.
Sirrom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post
I am looking at a 2008 Gulf Stream Super Nova 6362 but am having some trouble finding information on it. NADA does not list this model at all so it is hard to get a general price comparison/value for this model.
The price listed is $139K in CAD and it seems high, even with a 30% plus exchange rate to the USD. So some questions, looking for answers that can help. It's located a 5 hour drive away so I'd like see if it is worth the drive.

1. What is the difference between this model and the 6372 model? I also can't find a brochure on the model listing the specs and nothing on NADA. I do see some for sale on rvt.com but still would like a solid reference point.
2. Are these still being made by Conquest/Gulfstream? I can't seem to find any on their web site (conquest does not exist any more and Gulf Stream only seems to have a "BT" model), Nothing with an International or Freigthliner chassis,so are they now "orphans" so to speak? If they are not made anymore any idea why?
3. Are there any "gotchas" on this model? Concerns about engine, chassis, overall reliability, fit and finish etc. I know there have been discussions on rough rides but not sure if it cover this model as well.
4. Any other pros or cons?

I am on my third MH ( a 2003 Newmar DSDP) but am thinking of getting something newer and the Super C's like this have always appealed to me. I can usually fix anything on the house side but the mechanical issues - not so great, but I do have a good diesel shop nearby. So not a newbie to all the issues of owning a rolling house .

Thanks for any info.

Chris
tourofduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
tourofduty

got all the plumbing fix replace 2 dead batteries repaired the toilet and one light that fell off the ceiling our first trip. tell you if it wasn't for the wife, glad to say since we bought it which was Oct 2018 this was the first weekend we took it out and had no issues . which happens to be fathers day .so looking forward to the Rd.
tourofduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
Romingrob

If your still looking.
RV one in Albany NY. Had real clean used one for around 80,000.
Low miles.
Romingrob is offline   Reply With Quote