Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #11
Jill

TSoul, thanks for the welcome! I see you have the Crescendo with the larger countertop area--we looked at the other floorplan, and were very impressed with everything about it. Although we haven't had a new MH before, I'm thinking of this as a house, knowing that there will be a few things we'll find as we start to use it.

I'm glad to know you're loving yours--I am very excited to get ours. Unfortunately, we won't have it for a trip we have planned in mid-October.

GSadmin, we've had a lot of little things on our current motor home (2002 Damon) which we've had for a year. I was hoping that after the initial punch list, we'd could have a year or two with no problems!!! Thanks for the reality check--I might as well go into this new one expecting to have constant small problems, then I won't be disappointed! By the way, we've never had a boat, but my husband has been looking at them--I didn't realize they had lots of little problems as well??!!

I spent some time reading the comments on the forum before I made my first post, and some of your posts were part of my concern. I can handle problems with the coach--that is just going to happen, I know--but I won't be happy if I don't get good customer service to resolve the problems. It sounds like you've had several examples of lack of service, not to mention the documentation issue. We tend to be the type of people that will have all the work done at the dealership, but I understand that if you do the work yourself, you would want and need that documentation. I don't know if the petition is still active, but if it is, I'll be happy to sign it, for what that's worth. It doesn't seem to be the kind of information they should be keeping from the owner of the vehicle.

I am glad to see that you are open to buying another GS, assuming your issues with the manufacturer are resolved--that tells me something good about the coaches!

www.northwestjewelry.com
info@northwestjewelry.com
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
gsadmin

For the price point, I truly think GS has a slight edge in terms of materials used for construction, especially on things like cabinetry.

As far as boats go...they too are suck-holes of $. Basically, I think it has alot to do with the fact that both RVs and Boats are produced in such small numbers and are truly in constant battle with the elements as well as alot of G forces, it only stands to reason that there will be alot more issues than a Toyota Camry.

As far as GS customer support is concerned, its a mixed bag. A limited few have had extraordinary service. On the other hand, many have had some real nightmares (both end users as well as the dealers themselves). I have had more than one RV center tell me of major issues dealing with the factory and warranty repairs (i.e. getting paid for them)

But, aside from all that, they know that forums exist out there where people have issues. Think of what incredible customer support they would be showing if they had just one part time person be their internet liason and post answers, troubleshooting tips, and yes documents out her and on other forums. Imagine how much more quickly the buying decision would be for many prospects out there not to mention the loyalty factor once purchased.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:50 AM   #13
Jill

I agree. I've been browsing several forums and a few manufacturers really stand out--Beaver and Country Coach being two of them. I would think the GS owners would want to have this type of reputation. Maybe they figure it doesn't pencil out.

By the way, I signed the petition.

www.northwestjewelry.com
Old 09-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #14
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Hi Jill, Welcome to the Forum. Lots of good advice , help, and ideas here.
I would not hesitate to buy another ( which I am going to do) GulfStream Coach. our problems are minor inconveniences compared to some i've read about. Just go to www.IRV@.com and look at some of the "High End' Coaches. I LOVE MY GS"

Visit often and enjoy your new Coach.!!

Best Regards, Clyde
Old 09-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #15
Jill

Thanks so much Clyde! I am SOOO excited about getting our new GS. We loved our other one, but this one will be special to us.

Thanks for the link--I'll check it out. It's been very interesting reading the forums the past few days. I seem to do things backwards--buy it first and research it later! But I'm feeling good about our purchase--we're pretty easy-going people and won't expect perfection. Won't say no to it either!

www.northwestjewelry.com
Old 09-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #16
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retird2Golf
I would not hesitate to buy another ( which I am going to do) GulfStream Coach. our problems are minor inconveniences compared to some i've read about. Just go to www.IRV@.com and look at some of the "High End' Coaches. I LOVE MY GS"

Clyde,
Sounds like you have a new coach in mind already. Which model??

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:50 AM   #17
dbmotors

LOL, I take a day or so off, and they thread gets slammed with responses!! My comment regarding the weight of the chassis may not be relevant. I thought they were 22,000 chassis, not the 26,000 that was mentioned here. I have owned a higher end diesel pusher in the past, and the air brakes and air ride suspension were incredible (and BOY, do I miss them). But you add those things in, and the price goes up real fast (and real high). That is what excited me about the FRED, but also concerned me. As soon as I get the opportnity, I intend to drive one. My only complaint on my Sunvoyager now is a lack of power at low RPM coupled with weak fuel mileage. The diesel puts out more torque at a much lower RPM, and improved fuel mileage. Sounds good to me!

And if I buy one, it will be the same floorplan you got!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #18
Jill

Yeah, it is a beauty! It really feels like three separate living room areas. I'm hoping the diesel puller will be as good as they say!

www.northwestjewelry.com
Old 09-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #19
GStream40
Site Team

Here is a link to the specs of the Freightliner FRED chassis used on the Sunvoyager... http://www.freightlinerchassis.com/p...C1004-2007.pdf

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #20
Jill

Thanks, Ron! I've printed it and although it doesn't mean a lot to me, it certainly does to Rick and he thanks you as well!

Jill

www.northwestjewelry.com