Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Whistling noise

I may have posted this before but I still have the problem and it is driving us nuts.
I have a 2004 SunVoyager 37 ft. When I am driving into the wind I get a whistling noise, it appears to be up high in the windshield but not sure of that. I have seen posts on other forums where the grill is making the noise. Now I see that the grill that I have in this MH is open on the ends of the tubes. Have any of you had this problem. It gets quite loud. I have looked and looked but still cannot seem to find the problem. I was thinking of just sealing the ends of the grill tubes with cauking. I hope I get an answer to this problem, I would like to have it solved before next month when we go north. Also I see where the mirrors are screwed to the front cap, there are little holes there also, could they be making the noise?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Cakeman

I would use a little duct tape before caulking stuff. Also on the windshield if you think that is the spot, next time in a wind and you hear it, put a piece of tape where you think it is. That is a temp. way to find it without caulking until it stops.
Toledo, Ohio
Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
by8s

darbyjudy:
We had wind noise coming from the right side of the unit and noticed that the plastic piece screwed onto the inside of the door had some gaps in it so we added more screws to hold it flush to the door. This cured the problem.
Bob
by8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
darbyjudy

Default I am hoping I found the problem

I spent a few hours looking for my whistling noise. I taped the ends of the grill and also a few other holes. Then I just happened to look really closly at the windshield and on the left side it was not in the rubber molding properly. That is where the noise seemed to be coming from so I am hoping that is the problem. I got the rubber molding in the proper place and then I used some clear sealer along it to hold it in place. It will sure make the wife happy if the noise is gone.