Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2023, 01:01 PM   #1
rroy

Default Storage lock and key???

Hi Folks. Having difficulty opening the pass-through storage door with the key I have for my 2021 19erd.. Neither door will open. Key is tight, but its the correct one. Any suggestions you might have would be welcome before I have to call a locksmith. Thanks.
rroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 01:42 PM   #2
Flower

The only thing I can think of is push on the door to make sure it is properly latched. Then if you have a lubricant place on the key or inside lock and try to wiggle the key to turn. I have had some locks at times get stuck and that was able to turn the lock. It may take a few tries sorry that is all I can think of. Make sure you have the correct key for the storage door and not the key for the main door to enter the camper. Also if you can smooth out the key some with light sand paper or steel wool that sometimes helps.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 02:31 PM   #3
rroy

Thanks! I'll keep trying!
rroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 06:02 PM   #4
rjf7g

If it has the cheap little locks are are screwed together, they can be adjusted and sometimes have to be! You can use a little graphite on your key to help lubricate the lock. You also have to may have to push the access door in a little before locking it to make sure it catches properly on the metal trip. I have struggled with (and replaced) many of the cheap locks over my 9 campers.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:17 AM   #5
wittersb

Default Thanks fro the heads up

One of my locks is acting up , 2021 19twd. I'll put lock lube on my de-winterize list for spring!
wittersb is offline   Reply With Quote