Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Zonic2001

Default Took delivery of TT Gulfbreeze 25TSS Ultra Lite, Advice?

Went for a dry run this weekend with my Mercury Mountaineer V8, 4.6L, 2 wheel drive SUV which also has a transmission fluid cooler system. We now have a sway bar, power brakes thingy and the weight control bars too. The entire towing package was installed by the dealer.

The drive was good but I need to get used to the noise specially down the city or subdivision. Down the highway there was not much noise I can hear. Goin over interstate bridges and with crosswinds it was interesting to say the least. I have to be very carefull doing so in high wind conditions. But overall the SUV worked well. Any towing advice since I don't have a truck but an SUV?

I'm going to get extended towing side view mirrors... any recommendations? My wife doesn't want to replace the stock ones so whatever is recommended, needs to be an addition (without any door or mirror modification of holes for screws etc.) to the existing ones. These extended mirrors, do they rattle too much?

Thanks in anticipation of your recommendations!
Zonic2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
TUPFAM

I have slip-on type towing mirrors like this http://www.jcwhitney.com/custom-towi...4d19344y2002j1. They work very well and there is no vibration like the strap-on mirrors I used to have. If you are nervous about your set up as far as sway control, there are WD hitches that have built-in sway control such as the Equal-i-zer and Reese SC.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Zonic2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUPFAM
I have slip-on type towing mirrors like this http://www.jcwhitney.com/custom-towi...4d19344y2002j1. They work very well and there is no vibration like the strap-on mirrors I used to have. If you are nervous about your set up as far as sway control, there are WD hitches that have built-in sway control such as the Equal-i-zer and Reese SC.
Will look into the slip-on mirrors. Was checking on them this morning and was wondering on the vibration issue. Thanks for the input.

My towing package has the sway and weight distribution bars too but still the wind tries to take over specially going over these huge long bridges here in florida. I just need to get used to it and stay under reasonable and controlled speed limits.
Zonic2001 is offline   Reply With Quote