Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
atberger1

Default Nexus RV Building Super C on International Chasis

Saw an article on rvdailyreport.com and Nexus RV is building a Super C on International Max Force Chassis. See their website at http://www.nexusrv.com.

Here is a link to the article: http://rvdailyreport.com/News/ctl/Artic ... iesel.aspx
Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Nexus RV Building Super C on International Chasis

Nexus Super C looks like a nice RV. Claude Donati used to work for Gulfstream so that is why I see some construction that looks like was used on the Gulfstream coaches.

Does anyone know how long Nexus RV has been around? UPDATE: Guess I should have read the news article before I asked the question, it was founded in 2010.

Wish Claude the best, he is a nice guy that always tried to help Gulfstream customers when he was employed there.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Texas TC

Nice looking rigs except, Nexus did not extend the chassis. The wheelbase is too short for that length of coach. On the SuperNova, the wb was 266", Nexus 226". Big difference in handling I promise.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Claudedonati

Texas TC- the Ghost Super C that we introduced was our prototype, we have learned a great deal over the last several weeks at shows in Florida. We will be increasing our wheel base dramatically moving forward. We bought the first chassis off a local dealers lot and had to work to get the unit to the shows. This unit is a little shorter than the SuperNova so the wheel base will be around 254. There are other factors such as proper weight distribution that will help us determine our final wheel base.

I hope I am not intruding on the site, but I just wanted to reach out and let you know, we are paying attention and continue to grow and that is based on the premise of listening to the customer....

thank you

Claude Donati
President
Nexus RV
Claudedonati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Texas TC

Claude,

I tried to pm you and it did not go through. If you would like to discuss my five year experience with the SuperNova and Navistar chassis, please pm me. I had one of the originals and put almost 48000 miles on it. I believe in the Super C platform and have a ton of experience with the International and Chevy chassis. I worked with a VP at your former company (initials SP) to get through the early SN issues. You have a good start and I would like to help you out.

Let me know if you would like to discuss your design further.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudedonati

I hope I am not intruding on the site, but I just wanted to reach out and let you know, we are paying attention and continue to grow and that is based on the premise of listening to the customer....

thank you

Claude Donati
President
Nexus RV
Claude, Welcome to the GSowners RV forum, Please don't feel that you are intruding. We are happy that you joined in to answer any questions that our members might have about your
Nexus RV's. I think you are off to a good start by comunicating with prospective customers. Hope to see you much more in the future.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 AM   #7
Claudedonati

Thank you for the acceptance. I spent a lot of years at Gulfstream and personally know many of your members. I would love any input and/or advice. As you can imagine, starting a new company is an all consuming event. My parnter and I (Dave Middleton), have committed to being accessible. My cell phone is 574-876-4739, my email is [email protected], I will do my best to continue to be an ambassador to the industry.

Thank you again for your hospitality.

Claude
Claudedonati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #8
porchracer1

Claude, This may not be the place to ask but I will and hope not to step on toes, But first the new coach is a welcome addition to the super c line. I would only hope that as you stated that this is a prototype, and the addition of 22.5 wheels and tires are in the final design. I purchased a s/n in Nov of 2010 with only 6000 miles on it, I use this M/H to pull a 28' car trailer to various drag racing events. Love the coach and you wouldn't believe the interest in it because of the towing capacity I think you will find if advertised correctly and in the racing industry that you will find a following. Now for my question, Do you know of or are the rear windows in your coach the same as in my super nova,?? I am trying to find a window to install in the rear that will slide (horizontal) to facilitate some air flow in the bed room . Would you have any suggestions as to window manufactures or maybe your coach windows are the same dim. Any help would be appreciated and again Welcomm back into the market. Rob McDonnough.
porchracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #9
steve.k

I like the idea of a new IHC coach as we love our 6372.Are you thinking air ride on these coaches?I think this is a big gain and more affordable if done at factory.Also what about the 466 style engine?I know the max 7 is a better engine than the 365 but the extra tq of the 466 would be huge. Thanks Steve
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote