Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
KentuckyCamper

Default Gulf Stream Mini SL

Hello all
New here and would like to share some info with you all. I purchased a new Mini SL last year and have had nothing but problems with it since. Out of the last year that I have owned it, it has been in the shop for almost 6 months for warranty work. That is 6 months out of a year warranty!!! And Gulf Stream will not even talk to me about extending the warranty!! Crappy!
It has been in the shop for a multitude of problems, and is going back in tomorrow!!!!! If I would have known the poor quality of this TT, I would never have bought it. There was no kind of QA before this thing left the factory. And to top it off, getting parts for it have been like pulling back teeth!!
And to add insult to injury, the dealership performing the work has been very unprofessional and performing sub-standard work!!

At this point I am wishing I would have bought a used TT or even kept my old pop-up camper.
The list of problems was a fairly long one, with the major ones being a water leak in the plumbing that required the replacement of some of the cabinetry, pop out door seal leaking (still not fixed), fabric boot not fitting correctly on the pop out (also still not fixed), and the grey/black level sensors not reading correctly. The rest of the problems were relatively small problems, but should have been caught at the factory with a good QA procedure in place.
Such a let down as my first new TT, and this will be the last new one I ever buy. Damn a warranty if the thing is going to sit in the shop for 6 months out of the 1st year, and eat up half my warranty. The warranty runs out the end of the month, so Im trying to get all the things complete, or atleast identified so they will be fixed under the warranty!!
Not a happy camper!!!!! Pretty dissillusioned and jaded with the Gulf Stream company!!!
KentuckyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Nanaeve

Default Warranty Issues

I too have had a less the good experience with GS and warranty work, have you contacted BBB and the state where you live regarding "Lemon Law" rights as they apply to your unit? Warranty laws are covered in Federal law and you may need a lawyer. Make a list and contact the BBB in the factory state where your unit was made and file a complaint, we did and GS stepped up and is working on our unit, a Class C+, as we speak. You have nothing to loose by trying.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
KentuckyCamper

Default Warranty

Well all I am glad to report that I received an email from Gulfstream stating that they where going to extend the warranty on my unit!!! That was good news indeed!!! Hopefully I can get all the bugs worked out of the camper now and enjoy it!!! Supposed to get the extension letter in the mail in 2-3 weeks. I will keep everyone posted on the progress!
KentuckyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Timothy

That is good news. I hope they do right by you........Tim