Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

‘Betty’ my BT Cruiser renovation journey
Having lost 3 close family members within 4 months, I was seeking emotional rescue...it came in the form of buying an old motorhome and totally renovating ‘her’! I put my all into her and am totally in love!!!!
Hope you enjoy 😊
Personally I think the BT cruiser layout is hard to beat - full bathroom, lots of storage, huge functional closet, comfortable bed/jack knife...
our Betty decal
indeed!
time to explore
at a recent BBQ cook off with family
LOVE our newly refurbished rig!
our first trip in Betty....on my birthday weekend
we decided to get electric bikes so we can venture off without having to break up camp. Great decision - feel like towing a vehicle kinda defeats the...
Official naming - BETTY....a play on words of BT (cruiser) and a combination of the middle names of my dear godmothers who passed away last year....I...
oh so cozy at bed time with a mini fire place to boot!
added some fun lights to the ceiling for added ambience
Roomy closet organized with more vertical storage including hanging laundry hamper. 
I combined the 2 shallow drawers to make one deep one and we...
Berkey water filter in the pantry alongside vertical storage for silverware - prevents jangling utensils and makes it super quick and easy to find...
decorative and functional elements to enhance and personalize the space
vertical storage is a must in small spaces (bath mat hangs on door)
Adding decorative elements
made a triple purpose curtain between cab area and ‘house’ - high quality blackout fabric, adds privacy, blocks light and amazing insulating...
managed to re cover the original pipe boxing that had previously been covered in blue carpet!!!
Flooring taking shape
Laying out the vinyl ready for installation
happy with the look
Making a start with the carpet tiles
new toilet.....YAY 
and a mock-up of vinyl floor color
restored kitchen sink in place, new faucet and soap dispensers and cabinet hardware....really taking shape
first part of newly upholstered jack knife sofa