PDA

View Full Version : switch

bampie
09-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi , I have a 93 sunsport(32 ft). New to me! Just starting to get to know it! I have a switch on the left side of the dash, next to gen, start switch. It looks like it has a pic, of stairs on it, but it will not control my steps. They work fine with the switch next to the door, Does anyone know what this switch is??? Thanks for all your help and happy camping :D

zzrv
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Just guessing, but it might be to enable/disable automatic step when the ignition is turned on.

bampie
09-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi, This switch is a rocker switch! it does not stay in one position!Could it still be a disable switch?? Thanks

djqualls
09-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Does it operate a stair well cover in front of the passenger seat?

Sometimes my Cover sticks when I press the switch. If yours is stuck then you won't notice you have a cover for your stair well.

Hope it helps.

Midniteoyl
10-24-2010, 12:40 PM
bampie... I have the same switch but no electric stairs (manual). That particular switch doesn't do anything. Kind of gets to me that GS would put in all the switches to options the coach doesn't have. At least I know that I if I do ever put in electric steps, I at least have a matching switch :)

03heritagerider
10-28-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't know if this is the same thing, but I have two more of those rocker switches on my dash in addition to the stair well cover switch.

One is next to the generator start switch. It is the kind of switch that needs to be held in position to work. When you let it go, it returns to to original off position.

Mine is the pre-heater for the generator starter. In cold weather, or after a long period of non-use, the generator is hard to start. Hold the switch in the on position for a maximum of 30 seconds, then let go. After that, press the generator start switch, and it should start right up.

The other one is the one that blinks the marker lights around the top of the coach in the customary "thank you" blink to someone who signals you it is O.K. to change lanes.

The "stairs" you're looking at may be a lightning bolt or electric icon.