PDA

View Full Version : Slide out problem in 2008 Tourmaster

jdavis
09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
We are new to RVing. Grateful to be on board here! The full wall slide is suddenly not coming out. Have troubleshooted everything I know to try. Have checked fuse, breaker, etc. Do not know how to locate motor for slide outs. Went onto Powergear's website for info regarding. Does anyone have an idea to offer? Would sure appreciate any ideas.

coolchas11
09-26-2007, 08:43 PM
We have had problems with the same slide out on our 2007 TM. There was a fluid leak the first time on the road. Then after repair another leak was detected. In a lower compartment is the hydraulic system. Check the metal pan for fluid as it may be leaking. Also check the rectangular metal tank (the small hoses lead into it) to determine if fluid is needed. Unscrew the cap and use your finger or a straw to find the fluid level (if any). Automatic transmission fluid will do the trick. Charlie

RJ82much
09-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Could it be that the driver's seat is not fully forward (and maybe emergency brake on as well)?

jdavis
09-27-2007, 09:15 AM
No, tis not it. Seat is forward. Brake is on!

djqualls
09-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Some troublshooting tasks.

Is there any motor noise period? Do your jacks work?

If jacks work:

Just to check actuator issues try operating with jacks in both positions.

check the seat switch for continuity. (it should be on rear slide rail for seat with a long rocker switch blade that actuates when the seat rail slides forward enough to break contact with rail.

Good Luck.

RJ82much
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
I only asked about those interlocks because you mentioned you were a new owner/rv'er. I fell for that trap when I was a new owner (& once or twice afterwards).

The next trap I've found, and I don't know if it applies to your unit (& you may have tested for it already): Are you certain there isn't a circuit breaker tripped, or a fuse blown? Some of the circuit breakers used are nearly impossible to visually see the state. And the control circuits to the circuit breaker would most likely have fuses.

My info shows there is a 30 amp breaker in the power relay compartment (near the 80 amp breakers) This is of the style where the tripped arm is difficult to see. There is also a parking brake relay that must be activated & powered. In addition, there is a 15 amp fuse with wires numbered something like "SSL" and "SSL2".

My guess is that will keep you busy for a couple hours - it's my lunch time

Arthur Hayes
09-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I have had problems with the main slide as well, and every time it failed to work it turned out to be the the switch under the driver's seat. I got down and worked the switch several times and the slide has been operating since.

jdavis
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Sure appreciate all the ideas thus far. I am not home yet from work, but will try all of these. By the way, there is no noise from the motor at all.

trickto322
09-27-2007, 07:34 PM
We also had this same thing happen to us while in Florida. We were checking all of the normal stuff and stressing out big time. DW mentioned she saw on this forum that a leak in the hyd. system could be the cause. I took the cover off of the hyd. pump and there it was an empty hyd. tank, no leak, just empty. Filled it up and off we went. Good luck. Let us know how you made out.

GO BLUE
09-30-2007, 12:17 PM
check the seat!!!!!!!!!!!check the seat............check the seat again............. move it till it hits the steering wheel....its not just the angle of the back............................

jdavis
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
We wish it were the seat, and just the seat. Also, it is not the hydraulic level either. Husband had to take it to a Gulfstream dealer and thus far, it is being traced to a wiring problem. I will keep you all posted!

floridafamilyof5
02-17-2008, 10:34 AM
check the seat!!!!!!!!!!!check the seat............check the seat again............. move it till it hits the steering wheel....its not just the angle of the back............................

We had the problem with our slide out not working yesterday...luckily in our driveway!!

We came online...searched this thread out....and tried the seat. It worked like a charm!!! I had moved the seat to vaccum...and didnt move it back!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :D

11B
02-18-2008, 12:50 PM
I know no onw has mentioned it but Check the Seat Swithch.

mikweb
10-13-2019, 11:52 AM
I have a 2008 T40F and the large slide does not operate at the switch. I was told that the Power Gear computer has lost it's programming and needs to be re-programmed. I installed a switch in the compartment where the computer is located. I would like to find someplace that re-programs these and have it done.

JohnnyAfrica
10-13-2019, 04:07 PM
You can manually configure the stop & start points on the Slide out. I just did mine on Supernova...we have the Powergear system. Search PG website, that's how I figured out how to do it. Good luck