PDA

View Full Version : Day/Night curtains

cookiehh
09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
When we got our used GS conquest the day/night curtain was broken. For those who don't know what the d/n curtain is it's has a thinner shade when pulled partially down and thicker when pulled all the dpwn. The broken string would not allow the upper shade to retract all the way up. I have the diagram of how the strings are run in this curtain so you can repair it yourself. The curtain are special order and cost over $200 for a 61"X31" curtain. If you PM or email me, I'll see you get a copy

rdlamb
09-30-2007, 12:14 PM
I'd like a copy of the diagram.

Also, try this site. mcd-rv.com for the newer designed day/night shades that the 2008 models are using. I'm going to retrofit my 2007 to these when I have time and funding.
Best wishes
Rick :lol:

djqualls
10-02-2007, 11:46 PM
I'd like a copy of the diagram.

Also, try this site. mcd-rv.com for the newer designed day/night shades that the 2008 models are using. I'm going to retrofit my 2007 to these when I have time and funding.
Best wishes
Rick :lol:

I talked to a dealer and he told me $9,000 plus to replace all curtains in my coach...

What a Scam!!!! :evil:

rdlamb
10-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Boy, I think I'd call MCD directly. On their site you can get an aproximate replacement cost based on the type of curtain you choose.

To retrofit my 2007, with power shades on the front and driver's side, comes to about $3500. The factory rep was cautious to add that amount is based on my measurements. I'd think the amount you were quoted included installation, and a substantial downpayment on the installer's Mercedes.

Best wishes
Rick

GStream40
10-03-2007, 12:40 PM
For those that need to or want to restring their day/night shades. The cord/string can be purchased at JoAnn Fabrics in the blind dept. But the catch is it only comes in white, but that was okay for ours.

That is where I purchased ours when we had one break this past winter in Florida.

Ron

RJ82much
10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi all,

Our GS Day/Night shades are made by

Specialty Window Coverings Inc.
1655 Gateway court
Elkhart, IN 46514

219-262-5190

Most likely they are "crystal white opaque"

That's the good news. The bad is that I can't find a website on them so that I can get model numbers/style or what they might know them as.

I would suggest whoever needs a replacement, call the phone number, see if you can get brochures, parts lists, etc. Ask if they will sell direct. You will most likely have to tell them that is for Gulf Stream coach.

Let us know what you find out.

djqualls
10-04-2007, 10:57 AM
After reading RJ's post, I called them about my front wrap and they were very nice and helpful. They are sending me fabric samples and other information.

Thanks RJ for the info.