PDA

View Full Version : Gel Coat Problem

Cakeman
10-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I read Georgn had a Gel Coat discolor problem and it was resolved by the factory. Well we have the same issue and are getting the run around. We contacted the factory and they refered us to Mike's Paint, well they don't do the Gel Coat. The company that done the Gel Coat is out of bussiness now.
I replied to Georgn on how he got this issue fixed and didn't hear back from him, so does anyone else have this issue. If so did you get it fixed and what path did you follow.
We have a 2004 Sun Voyager we got new in April of 04.
It is a shame to pay for a full body paint job and this happen after 3 years.
Any help from other forum members?

Connie
10-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi Ron,
We have the same problem on our 2004 SunVoyager. Our discoloration is in the gray section. The painted areas are fine with no problems. We tried the Gel-Coat rejuvinator and that helped slightly but it still looked uneven. Yesterday my brother used a liquid rubbing compound called "Perfect-It III Extra Cut Rubbing Compound" on a 4' x 4' section and the difference was amazing. It actually brought back the shine and color. We have a big job ahead of us but it will be worth it. It really is a shame that this is not covered under the warranty but at least we finally figured out what to do as we had gotten an estimate to have it painted for $7000.00. I hope this info will help you out.
Connie

georgn
10-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Cakeman
I have not been on the forum for a while, so I missed your post
Anyway the my problem was solved, GS did a whole body paint job.
Lori Kaler, i understand she is not with GS anymore, or at least not Customer Service or the Warranty Dept.
It took a while to get it done, but done it was. Mike at the paint shop did a good job of it.