PDA

View Full Version : Travel Bars

larrybell
10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
I always use my travel bars to help ensure that the slide outs stay put. However, I was told by my salesman that the bars were for insurance purposes and not really needed. Besides, he said, failing to remove them would damage the slide out when slide out extension was attempted.

What is the consensus of opinion on the use of travel bars?

GStream40
10-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Yep, I use mine to take up room. :) But I never have used them to hold the slides in place.

Ron

mfa
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
I haven't used mine, either. I was told that if I forgot to take them out, the slide hydraulics would push them right through the wall. Seems like a reasonable risk to not use them since no one rides on the slide when we're driving.

OTOH, I will be using them this December when we make a long trip with our precious little granddaughter belted into the sofa or the dinette which are mounted on the slide. Not worth the risk of something happening then.

bob3nliz
10-16-2007, 08:55 PM
My salesman told me the same thing. But if we don't use them and have trouble with our slides it might be a factor. :?

djqualls
10-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I can't imagine my slide coming out far enough to casue danger even on a steep turn. it has to come out, drop down and move out further.

I have never even touched mine. They still are laying in the bottom of the storage area behind my sofa.

Connie
10-17-2007, 01:18 PM
We used to use them on our class C but have never used them since we bought the A.

BrewMyOwn
10-17-2007, 09:18 PM
We ALWAYS use our Travel Locks. Don't know why, but there are onboard for a reason, so we use em. We have a l-o-n-g bright red ribbon attached to them as well as a red ribbon taped to the slide switch on the control panel when locks are in place.