PDA

View Full Version : Low pressure at kitchen sink

treecounter
10-25-2007, 07:22 AM
We installed a new faucet in the kitchen. There is just enough pressure to run it. The pressure in the bath and shower is good. It isn't just the new faucet the old one also had low flow. We have a variable speed pump and it will cycle when we use the kitchen water. Our coach has one of those water manifolds also. Hot water side is really low. Any suggestions?

earljan34
10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
treecounter,
The problem you describe can only be a kink or blockage in the feed to the kitchen sink. Are you sure there is not a shut off on that line somewhere?
Please let us know if this helps and also what you find. :)

Earl

RJ82much
10-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I've never answered my own question... Maybe it's time. Does the under-sink water filter only filter kitchen sink or does it filter all cold water for your coach?

If just kitchen, include the filter itself in your list to look at.

treecounter
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
There is only one shutoff that I am aware of and that is at the manifold. It is on. The water filter goes to a separate faucet at the sink. We use our water pump at all times as we have and RO system that fill our tank. Will check the hot water lines I can find as pressure there is really low. The faucet we put in is one of those that you can pull out. The spray stays on on the cold side but you have to hold the button down on the hot side.
Thanks.

earljan34
10-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Bob I forgot about the filter!! To answer your question the filter only filters the sink and Ice maker on mine I think yours is the same!!

I didn't think of the filter because I change mine at least once a year but a clogged filter would definitely slow down the flow.

Earl

Retird2Golf
09-06-2008, 11:01 AM
A 2003 means five years of sediment in the hotwater tank. Has the
anode rod ever been changed ?? Check that and flush out the waterheater tank while it is out. Also check the incoming "Pressure Check Valve, they will get clogged and even go bad. Don't buy a cheap plastic one they don't last. Get a good brass replacement valve.

Hope something here helps, Best Regards, Clyde

treecounter
09-06-2008, 12:17 PM
The tank is drained and cleaned every spring. The rod is checked as we are on an osmosis system it has very little wear. It was a good thought.

Retird2Golf
09-06-2008, 02:19 PM
OK, A lot of the new fixtures are"water savers" meaning they have a small
hole for water delivery. Some are removable ... some you have to drill out to increase the flow.

If you can hook up direct to "city water" does the flow increase ??

Other than "chasing" the lines .. I'm temporarily ... out of suggestions.

Best Regards, Clyde

treecounter
09-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Dew to DW's health problems we wont be using the coach for a while. but hooking up to city water didn't help. I think it is a kinked line maybe this winter I will pull the dish washer and see it the line is kinked. tree counter

Retird2Golf
09-07-2008, 06:39 AM
We will include DW in our prayers ... Wish you luck on finding the problem !

Best Regards, Clyde