PDA

View Full Version : Old Sun Sport Headlamps

tallchap
11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Hello - my first time on the forum - I'm from the UK and have an "old but good" 89 Sun Sport 6.2 diesel. I'm trying to locate some replacement headlamps for it - it has the Guide sealed beam type, one each side for dip and then mains stacked above (same size lights) - anyone suggest a supplier over there or where I can source halogen replcements?

GStream40
11-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Is there a number on the sealed beam lamps such as 9011 or similar?

Without a referance number on the lamp, it would be very had to advise.

Ron

tallchap
11-09-2007, 08:14 AM
thanks Ron - there is a number - but I' not with the vehicle at present - I'll post it up when I get home - thank you

tallchap
11-21-2007, 05:25 AM
Ron, sorry I've been a while getting back, but I've got some more numbers off the lights - any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated - ideally I'd like to do a halogen conversion with them.

"8208" written vertically downwards on top left of lens
"GUIDE 241 Sealed Beam" - written left to right across top
"ES2" written vertically downwards bottom right of lens

The bottom lamps are dip and main, the top lamps are main only. they all have 3 tags though so the dip/main difference is probably just in the way they are wired.

GStream40
11-21-2007, 07:48 PM
I didn't have any luck with the numbers you provided, but below is a link to the Sylvania website that lists the different sealed beams by size and the numbers with in the chart.

This might help you identify what you have. There is also a product identifier section that gives pictures of the sealed beams that I would think should help you identify your lamps and be able to determine what the correct lamp replacement number would be.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/ECatalog/

tallchap
11-21-2007, 08:02 PM
that's super - thanks Ron - I'll get straight to it.