PDA

View Full Version : Drain Valves

larrybell
11-10-2007, 07:50 AM
I purchased a model 8329 2002 Gulfstream in June of this year, so this is the first winterization effort for me. My question deals with the design of the drain valve. Regardless of the direction I turn the valve, I get no flow from any of the three valves. (2 behind the hot water heater on the passenger side and 1 in the service compartment on the driver's side) I suspect that the valves may actually be line plugs, but I have no literature, and I didn't want to force the valve and cause damage.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Arthur Hayes
11-10-2007, 08:28 AM
My drain valves have a little metal clip that you remove so that you can lift the handle. Turning will not open it.

earljan34
11-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Larry, I don't know for sure on the 02 but on the 05 the drains are pull ups. Do they have a little metal hoop on the top if so see if they pull up.
Let us know if this helps you.

Earl

zzrv
11-10-2007, 08:43 AM
You don't have to remove the clip, just pull up on the 'T' handle. They may be hard to pull, but it will pop open.

larrybell
11-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I just checked, and I have clips around the drain valves. I knew that I would get help when I asked the experts. Thanks folks.