PDA

View Full Version : Furnace Problem

ray and margaret
12-08-2007, 05:40 AM
I am home recovering from colon cancer surgery. We are in the Raleigh, NC area. Early this morning Margaret woke me up and said the furnace was not working properly. It is very cold inside at 6:00 A.M. We have switched from one propane tank to another and both indicate they are full.

When we cut the furnace on it will operate about one minute and then will shut down. Simply put, it will not run continually.

Anyone have any idea on what we can do, other than call a repairman when one opens this Saturday morning.

Thanks for any suggestions and I would like to hear if anyone else has encountered this problem.

Thanks!

rdlamb
12-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Sorry:
There is an ignitor for the furnace, along with a thermister (sp), either could be out. Neither is particularly difficult to change, but given your condition, I think it would be best to call the mobile RV man.
If you dare, travel to the nearest RV parts store that carries your furnace, relate your problem to the Parts Person, and said person normally will give you lots of info on how to put in the part you are about to buy.
Again, I'd spend the money to have a mobile repair done.
Heal well, safe travels.
Rick