View Full Version : Mileage on FRED

12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Does anyone in the Group own a FRED. I am interested in what the actual mileage is that you are experiencing. I am also interested in performance satisfaction. I did read one post on this site from earlier in the year but at that time the member had not tracked mileage. Thanks.

12-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey Labguy, I met a gentleman at the GulfStream Rally last June.
He had the Crescendo with FRED. Said he was happy with the engine
and was getting 17 mpg.

Best regards, Clyde

12-13-2007, 08:24 PM

Glad to see that you made it here from the YaHoo group.

WOW!!! 17 mpg might be a stretch a little, if everyone is getting that kind of MPG ot of the FRED, I will definitely be putting a "For Sale" sign on the pusher. But I just wait to see the other reports for a while. :o


10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
just took delivery of a new fred 325 and so far seems to be a great coach
on a short trip got about 11 gpm

10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
just took delivery of a new fred 325 and so far seems to be a great coach
on a short trip got about 11 gpm

11 gpm? must have a big fuel tank :lol:

10-14-2009, 02:24 PM
type-oooooo MPG

Keys Cruiser
11-21-2009, 08:15 PM
We have a 2007 Gulfstream SunVoyager with a 300 cummins. Pulling our Mustang we get about 8.5 at about 75mph and about 10+ when going 65.

04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
We have a 38ft SunVoyager with a 300 cummins and we get about 9.7 mpg when taking short trips. About 30% of time in town and the remaining 70% at about 65 to 70 mph.

Chuck v
04-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Have yet to do much driving in the 'new to me' 2007 Tour Master 40C, but last fall got around 9 MPG and was maintaining about 65 - 70 most of the time during a 600 mile round trip.

Expressed in ton-miles -- like they do for freight trains, that comes to about 135 ton-miles per gallon. Your typical compact sedan would need to get about 90 MPG to move that much weight per gallon of fuel... :lol:


04-16-2010, 08:21 AM
"TON-MILES"! I like that! It makes it sound so much better than 9 mpg.