PDA

View Full Version : electric fans???

christians1600
01-06-2008, 08:11 AM
87 gulfstream 454 ,ive noticed online that some people switch there radiator fane for dual electric fans,has anyone done this do you get more horse power and better gas milage as they so state???and does it screw up your altinator any????r they reliable in the long run??

rdlamb
01-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi Christian:
I'll throw my 2 cents into the ring. Anything on the engine that rotates uses energy. You can save energy by decreasing the weight of anything that rotates, or making the thing that rotates more efficient so it requires less energy to power it.

But, to remove the fan, and replace it with an electric fan that cools your radiator, is a huge step.
The plus side is the electric fan will cool the engine at idle far better than the engine fan.
The negative side is the cost, labor involved, and how long until you realize a return for your work.

Myself, I would recommend you make sure your current system is working properly, the radiator is not corroded, and stay with what you have.

Safe Travels
Rick

christians1600
01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
that is what i wanted to here

Nick Badick
09-26-2012, 04:43 AM
I know that my post here is too late. 4 years had already passed and I do apologize for that. I'm just interested at the topic here. Is it necessary to have a dual electric fans for radiators? Does it affect its performance? or it will only lessen its chance to overheat? I haven't try it and I hope you guys can help. Thanks