PDA

View Full Version : AC Wall outlets

RayandPamTaylor
05-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Where can I find the type of wall outlet that is being used in our Conquest, below is the link to a photo of the outlet.
http://groups.msn.com/RayTaylorsSite/ourcampingamprvphotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=252

hyall
05-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey I see no one has answer your request but you can get similar for Romex at homedepot or a Rv dealer store

mfa
05-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Where can I find the type of wall outlet that is being used in our Conquest, below is the link to a photo of the outlet.
http://groups.msn.com/RayTaylorsSite/ourcampingamprvphotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=252

IMO, it looks like the standard "new design" rectangular-cutout outlet that matches the large push-rocker wall switches. As hyall noted, you should be able to find them at Lowes, Home Depot, or any hardware store.

RayandPamTaylor
05-14-2008, 04:25 AM
The outlet go's directly in the wall and has two wings that rotate out when you tighten the screws to hold it in the wall, just like a cutout box. I've never seen this type at any of the home stores.

rdlamb
05-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I replaced many of my outlets (one failed miserably) with standard boxes and grounded outlets (Levitron) from Home Depot.
Just be sure that you hook the wires up properly, so the polarity is correct.

Just for your information, on my livingroom slide the 110 power went out. The breaker did not trip. I started looking for the 110 line into the slide and found it under my dining room table. In the electrical box I found this.

The line from the coach was multiwire 110. Rare. The wire for the outlets on the slide were Romex, cheap 14 (2). The two were wire nutted together.

Unfortunately one of the strands from the hot peeked out of the nut, touching the metal box, and grounded the entire wall out.

Just poor workmanship. This caused me to rewire my entire slide, correctly.

You should look at your outlets.

rdlamb
05-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Ray:
I would not go out of my way to replace the outlet with the cheap one utilized during manufacturer. You can get them at some discount electrical stores. I found one at Colaw RV in Carthage Missouri. They have a multitude of used RV parts.

In the end, I didn't like the construction of the outlet, and replaced it with one from Home Depot.

RJ82much
05-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Ray & Pam,

I have been trying to locate a manufacturer & part number for you. The part numbers I have listed do not match the duplex receptacle in your picture.

If you look closely at your outlet, you should be able to get the Manufacturer (P&S, Leviton) & at least a style idenification (Acenti, Decora). Post what you see.

What the other's have said is true about using any device that physically fits from an electrical supply store (Home Depot, Loews, etc). It should be 120 volts (115, or 125) and 15amp or 20amp.

Gulfstream was using Wesco as their supplier http://www.wescodirect.com/direct/Homepage.aspx though that may have changed. I don't think it matters though because you should be able to find what you need locally.