PDA

View Full Version : Deka batteries

trickto322
05-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Has anyone replaced the four Deka batteries up by the generator on their Tourmaster, I think they are 6 volts? What did you get to replace them? My inverter panel is going nuts (blinking uncontrollably) and I think its because those batteries are gone.

Thanks,
Adrian and Johnnie

GO BLUE
05-27-2008, 02:57 PM
I had similar problem with inverter blinking and wouldnt charge took to dealer he disconnected inverter by taking off the two large wires ( i think green and red ) for about 30 minutes and then reconnected and it recycled and hasn't failed since...the original problem was i ran those batteries dead sitting in storage lot................jim k

rdlamb
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi Trickto:
Actually you can reset your panel by disconnecting the "telephone" cord like connector at the inverter. This will reset your inverter panel. Wait about 1 minute before reconnecting it.
Running the batteries low can mess up your panel.
Try this first.
I replaced the 6 volt batteries with (4) 12v AGM's Optima Blue top 31(s).
If you are interested, I can explain why the 12v are better than 6v.

trickto322
06-08-2008, 11:52 PM
tell whhy you put 12s in instead of 6 volts

GO BLUE
06-09-2008, 06:35 AM
When I had my problem I called coach net and they said disconnect that phone like cord but blinking would still not go away thats when I took to dealer and they disconnected the big wires for about a minute and everything reset..........Jim K

hyall
06-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I also had where my batteries ran low and when that charger kicked into over drive to recover the charge the inverter got hot and the board lites started jumping around other than resetting It also had to cool down I installed a computer fan to circulate the air to keep the inverter from overheating again and does great (very little air ventilation in the compartment

GO BLUE
06-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Did you vent the fan outside or just move air within that cabinet it is extremely warm in there......................jim k

hyall
06-09-2008, 04:19 PM
You will see two ports one high and lo in same compartment I installed the puter fan in the hole of the top one removing black plastic grill or louver and grab 12v from panel right next to it with a fuse and cheap simple thermostat, temp set at 95 degree so its off and on when needed it keeps the inverter from overheating when the charger is needed and no more erratic panel behavior

rdlamb
06-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Great tips on this discussion. I will look at venting the compartment with a CPU fan as well. Thanks for the idea.

Trickto: I changed from 6v to 12v because I wanted to go with sealed batteries, and increase my inverting time. The 6v batteries would run my coach for about 4 hours, and our moves between resorts would last longer than that.
So: 4 batteries, deep cycle 12v, hooked up in parallel, now I have 7 hours of inverting time. Just have to be careful with the cables, to make sure they are hooked up correctly.