PDA

View Full Version : water heater

trickto322
06-07-2008, 08:12 PM
We took the Tourmaster out the other day for the first time this year. The hot water heater was working just fine for about and hour, then the "pilot light off"came on :( . I checked the propane and the fuses which were all OK. Any ideas what can be causing the pilot not to stay on?

mfa
06-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I had that happen once to me. I turned it off and back on and it has never happened again.

If it does happen again, you might check the pilot light and flue areas to make sure no nests have been built in there during the off-season.

rdlamb
06-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Trickto:
If the other propane power appliances are working, stove and refridge, then try purging your propane line to your water heater. I keep cycling the ignition switch until the water heater fires, and runs for a few minutes.

If the other propane appliances are not working, your propane tank is turned off, or is low. You may also have a stuck OPD valve in the propane tank.

trickto322
06-10-2008, 09:34 PM
We went to the local dealer and had him check out the water heater. It turned out to be a relay that allows the propane to flow where the pilot is. Price $89.99 for the part and 46.00 labor. Not a bad deal

rdlamb
06-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Trickto:
Nice, glad you solved that problem. My TM came with a Suburban hot water heater. Is this the same as yours?
Anyone out there replaced their hot water heater with one of the Aqua Hot or Oasis heaters? I'm considering this but worry that this is complicated.

trickto322
06-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Suburban. Aqua Hot would be nice however I think its a lot of $$$$$$

rdlamb
06-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks Trickto. I find that the Oasis is very expensive, about $6500.
But, there is a desire for unlimited hot water. Someday, perhaps someday.