PDA

View Full Version : change oil and filter in onan 7500

Dapper Dan
06-11-2008, 11:46 AM
I changed the oil and filter for the Onan 7500 generator (2005 GS Crenscendo) and found that the drop door was blocked by the exhaust pipe. I had to disassemble the door to access the oil filter by taken out two screws. I guess GS engineering department has not tried to do this maintience. :roll:

GStream40
06-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I had the same problem on our 2003 Yellowstone Diesel Pusher, so when we purchased our 2004 Yellowstone Diesel Pusher I had the dealer move the hanger for the genset exhaust pipe so the door would open.

They just had to move the hanger bracket to the other side of the frame that it is secured to and this moved the pipe enough so that the genset access door would open without interference.

Ron

Dapper Dan
06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the input. I will try to relocate the exhaust hanger like to said, however that seems like it would move it closer to the driver tire. :D

GStream40
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the input. I will try to relocate the exhaust hanger like to said, however that seems like it would move it closer to the driver tire. :D

Yes it was moved closer to the tire, but there is still enough clearance that it did not hurt.

Ron