PDA

View Full Version : Rear Camera Adjustment

djqualls
06-20-2008, 01:16 AM
I was wondering if the angle of my rear camera can be adjusted?

I would like for it to see a little more further back and less of the straight down that I get. I wouldn't care if the botom cut off about 1 foot from the rear of coach.

I know I won't be able to see the hitch that way but I don't tow a vehicle and might tow a boat in the future.

Thanks

Dave......

rdlamb
06-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Dave.

I have adjustments on my camera. Have to remove the protective lense and use a small screwdriver. Be sure to apply a small amount of silicone sealer on the cover when you put it back.

djqualls
06-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Thank You Rick.

I'll give it a try.

Dave.

rdlamb
06-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Dave:
My sense, when adjusting the camera w/wife in watching the monitor, is that the adjustment screws are flimsy. I'd recommend only a 1/8 turn at a time, and if you meet resistance I'd remount the camera using shims.

djqualls
06-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks,

Planning on Saturday for the trial.

trickto322
07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
I adjusted the camara today. of course nothing is easy for me. :evil: I could not adjust the camara where it was mounted. I took the bracket that holds the camara and moved it forward in the little box it is sitting in. It is held on with 4 screws (2 forward 2 rear) I took the back screws and put them in the front holes and drilled 2 more holes for the front screws another words I just moved up the camara by one hole forward. Now the adjustments that are on the side of the bracket will work. the way it was before the movement was limited. Now we have a clear view of what is behind us on both sides. It can be done but not easy. or quick.
But the change is great, so much better that what we had. :D

Johnnie and Adrian

rdlamb
07-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Trickto:

Methinks GS just crams the camera into place without regard to its ability to view the objects being towed.
My camera was just the opposite. I was able to adjust the camera to 'tolerable', without drilling new holes. Thank goodness.
Nice job.

trickto322
07-13-2008, 12:11 AM
It sure is amazing what a small adjustment ( :evil: :evil: ) makes, I can see the entire road behind us now. Before the adjustment I could only see the toad and the ladder. I CAN SEE, I CAN SEE, I CAN SEE !!!!