PDA

View Full Version : white streaks

trickto322
07-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Anyone have white streaks on their black Tourmaster? I pressure washed my roof last year and it stopped it for a while however, I think the roof must be "chauking". I have no clue what to do. Any suggestions????

GStream40
07-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't have a black TM, but do have a full bodied paint coach with a fiberglass roof.

I usually wash my roof twice a year and that takes care of most of the streaking from dirt washing off the roof.

Ron

rdlamb
07-05-2008, 11:14 PM
My TM is black. Never had white streaks.

Is your water hard, and could these be hard water streaks?

Check your roof sealant. It can cake and crack over time. Even though our coach is not yet 2 years old the sealant around all roof joints, appliances, and holes for the horns and refrigerator were all deeply cracked.

Last, do you park under anything that might "bleed" on the roof?

trickto322
07-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the tips. I will go up on the roof and check out the seals and give it a wash. I am wondering if the sun in AZ. could have started this process. We lost a few things that when left out in the sun for the season just feel apart. I would hope my roof is stronger than the items we lost. Anyway, "The zebra look" has to go. Will let you know when we solve this issue.