PDA

View Full Version : How do you take apart ceiling light wall switch on 03/

jab
09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I have a 03 Sun Voyager and the big switch buttons that turn on the ceiling lights don't work but the bead lights do. I am assuming it is a switch problem but I can't get it apart. There are no screws that hold the cover on and so I thought it would just pop off with some prying but no luck. Anyone know how they come apart or what my problem might be? Thanks, Jeff

jab
09-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Well I replaced the ceiling and bead light switches with piano style house switches for a few reasons. One the light switch worked sometimes, second when we were at the sink we constantly bumped the switches and turned them on and off accidentally, not any more, and third when I tried to take apart the old switches I had to destroy them! Now comes the kicker, the ceiling lights still work intermittently. I know the switch was part of the problem but now what? The switch control two florescent lights. I think to maybe get more help I will post this separate also.
P.S. I figured out how the switch comes apart, not like a service tech told me! He said to pry the cover off from the top and bottom, that does come off. Pry on either side of the button in the center and the button will come off and then you can get at the screws that hold the switch to the wall.

mfa
09-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Those sound like 12-volt lights, so there's a good chance there's a poor ground connection somewhere in the circuit.

jab
09-12-2008, 08:50 PM
They are 12v. Does this mean no starter?

jab
09-13-2008, 12:00 PM
P.S. My wife really likes the new switches, says she won't be bumping them accidentally turning on and off the lights.