PDA

View Full Version : Furnace rattles

cardoc
10-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Trailer is an Amerilite 24 RB. The furnace is by Suburban and the model is the NT16SE. Has anyone experienced a very loud rattle on startup and shutdown of the unit? Work's well and is quiet while operating, but it will easily wake you from a great sleep when it's starting up and more so when it is cooling down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ricstone
10-06-2008, 06:45 PM
The grill on the front of the furnace was loose on mine. 2 screws one on each side done the trick. you might take a look at yours.
ric

cardoc
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks ricstone. Had the front cover off, the problem seems to be deeper inside the unit. I think my only option may be to pull the unit and bench test it.

cardoc
10-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Solved the problem, and I thought I'd share just in case someone else has the same issue. I removed the furnace and inspected for loose components, which I found none. The fix was to remove the burner from the chamber where I found the end was not properly positioned around the gas orifice tube. A simple tweek and the crazy rattle is gone.

ricstone
10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
cardoc that's great! glad you found it. I'm sure it was driving you nuts ,it would me.

CampWinican
10-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Nice work! I don't think I would have tried to remove the furnace on my own... but maybe if I were experiencing the same incessant rattling noise, (especially if it was waking me from my sleep!), I might have been motivated to do so also. Way to go!