PDA

View Full Version : Broken drawer guides

darbyjudy
10-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy medal drawer guide ends. On my MH I beleive I have replaced about haft of them so far and some two times. It is the piece of plastic at the end of the drawer guide, there is two of them on each drawer.

darbyjudy
10-26-2008, 10:14 AM
I can't beleive I am the only one who has experienced broken drawer guides.

mfa
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Could be. I haven't heard it mentioned in the 2+ years I've been using this forum.

Have you asked Gulf Stream about where you can get spare cabinet parts? You might also try local cabinet makers or RV "junkyard" dealers on the Internet.

GStream40
10-26-2008, 07:42 PM
About three years ago, the wife broke two of them. I was able to get them at Camping World.

Ron

darbyjudy
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
While out camping a couple of weeks ago, opened the top drawer in the bedroom and once again it fell out due to broken drawer guide end. This must make about 8 of them I have replaced. They are made out of plastic and I don't know if the plastic is just getting bad or what. Sure would like to have a good supply of them. Maybe someone from Gulfstream will read this and have a kind heart and send me a few. The one that broke was fastened directly to the sidewall. I looked at it and I beleive if I would place a piece of wood on the sidewall and then fasten these brackets to it maybe it would work better.

rdlamb
04-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Darby:

I had one of them break. The RV reclaimers have them by the box full.

http://www.colawrvsalvage.com/

Good luck.

gbarngrover
04-10-2009, 08:12 AM
I had 4 of them break right after I bought my MH. They only had 1 screw holding them and I think they were flexing so I pulled all the drawers and put 2 additional screws, haven't had any more broken ones in 2 years so I guess this helped?

BrewMyOwn
04-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Any home improvement stores should have them. We got ours at Lowes.

holmesaw
04-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I have had the same problem with the large drawers. The plastic clip
will not stay on.

jrrose41
06-27-2009, 07:47 PM
I buy them at Home Depot.
$2 and change each, I get them 10 at a time.

darbyjudy
06-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Jack I am hoping that by putting the wood behind the brackets and fasting them more securely that they won't break again. I replaced all the brackets with new ones that I bought over the internet at a good price. they look a little more sturdy also. The medal slides were only into the bracket about 1/2 inch so it really wasn't that sturdy and also only two screw in them and then those screws were into the wallboard and not very sturdy at all.

jrrose41
06-27-2009, 08:40 PM
I haven't been able to find them in anything but plastic. Was thinking of making my own with angle iron (thin stuff) BTW, It was two in the package at Home Depot.
I have also bought the metal slides and installed them on the draws I pack heavy. I haven't had any trouble with them yet.