PDA

View Full Version : Converter

darbyjudy
10-26-2008, 10:13 AM
OK I guess it is about time that I start wondering about hooking up the converter I got for the TV, when I am using the regular crank up antenna. I have Dish so when I am using that I will not have to have the converter in the system. I have a 2004 Gulfstream Sunvoyager triple slide out with all the components in a cabinet in the middle of the coach. I have a Sony surround system with a DVD, I also have my Dish receiver and a switch box. I have a roof top Sat. dish and I also use a Dish mounted on a tripod when I am in the trees. I use a AB switch to choose between the two Sat. dishes. But I am wondering how to mount this converter box so I don't have to do a lot of changing around each time I want to use the regular antenna and the converter box.
Has anyone got theirs hooked up yet and how did you go about it. A diagram would be helpful.

mfa
10-26-2008, 07:26 PM
The simplest way to hook up the converter box is to put it inline between your regular (batwing) antenna and any splitters that breakout to different TV locations. The advantage there is that only one box is needed. The disadvantage is that all TVs would be watching the same channel.

Otherwise, you could put a box at each TV, between the wall jack and the TV input. Then you can control each TV selection separately, but you need more converter boxes.

Roy Buzzard
10-27-2008, 07:50 AM
I just ran my converter box into an antenna input on the satellite box, that way I don't have to change anything to switch from one to the other.