PDA

View Full Version : Winterize a Tour Master T40A

mark2line
10-28-2008, 07:47 AM
I have a 2008 Tour Master T40A.

I need to winterize the coach, does anyone know if there is a special way of doing this due to the water manifold system.
I have winteriized a number of coaches in the past but never had a coach with a mainfold system. I usually blow the system out with air and put antifreeze in the P traps and water pump.

Any suggestions

Thanking you in advance

mark2line
Cranston, RI

trickto322
10-31-2008, 10:04 PM
I just read a very good one on rv.net in the motorhome section. He really gave every step. I think the subject line was "winterizing the Tourmaster"

mark2line
11-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Thank You

I will check it out

mark2line

RayChez1
11-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Not too many coaches have the manifolds like the Gulfstream coaches do. But on my Scenic Cruiser you have some small valves for everyline in the base of the manifold compartment. You can drain the water off the lines through them. As far as the water tank If I am not going to use the coach, I just pump the water out. Be sure to have both grey and black tanks empty. There is also an anti freeze that you can add to the traps. I never do because I live in southern California and it does not get that cold. I also leave a thermostat controlled heater inside the coach through the time that I don't use the coach in the winter time. I set the heater at 60 degrees and the coach stays warm enough to where nothing will freeze.

rdlamb
11-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi Mark: Been out of service for a while, just came across your post, so will offer my thoughts on winterizing your coach.
I lived in Providence for a while, so I know RI, and the winters you may have.
1. You are far more money ahead to have your dealer winterize your coach if you have no experience in this area. Know that not only do you winterize your water lines, hot and cold, but your waste water lines, and your water heater.
2. Then, you winterize your batteries.
3. Then, you winterize your engine, fuel lines, windshield washer fluid and lines.
4. You probably should also remove your water filter(s).
5. I also recommend you add a dryer to your air system, then drain the air tank. Any water in the air system, and there will be water in that system in RI's humid air, will wreck your air compressor, pump, lines, or storage tank.
6. Last, you need to add a stabilizer to your fuel if you are not going to drive/start the engine for several months.
7. Did I mention winterizing the generator?

So, sometimes paying $200 to winterize your coach is more than worth the cost, to prevent your spending more than that to fix it in the spring.