PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for Super Nova

galena
12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Have any Super Nova owners changed the speakers in the cab? The best I can determine the speakers are marginal at best and do not reproduce the audio spectrum for music very well. When there is just "talking" it is OK, but music is bad.

dsomonster
12-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Galena,
I actually pulled the little 2.5" speakers in the front corners of the cab and replaced them with Infinity 3.5" - 2 way with passive crossovers. I also added a 10" Pioneer slim woofer in a box built specifically for it and placed right behind the driver's seat. I do not have to move the box at all when moving the slide. I added a medium amplifier for more power and to run the sub. It is like night and day. I can actually listen to music on those long trips.

Let me know if you want pics.

-Ron

galena
12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Ron
I would very much like to upgrade my speakers, so if you could share some pictures it would be appreciated.

nailerman
10-08-2009, 05:01 PM
8) Anyone made the move to do something besides replace the 3.5 OEM's? I have had counsel to put 6 x 9 in boxes under the seats, but I don't like that idea.

What about speakers in the doors?

dsomonster
10-12-2009, 03:59 PM
The doors panels are really flimsy plastic. Even if you make baffles it would weigh down the panels alot and will make them sag over time. I'm still playing around with a set of seperates behind the seats in the corner panels on each side. The 3.5's are not loud enough. I'll keep you posted.

-Ron

Walldo
10-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I replaced the factory stereo and speakers, an Alpine deck and a set of 4" JL Audio in the factory location; nothing to modify, and a set of 6"X9" behind the seats, Much better!!

allthelarsons
11-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Anoyone looked at the panel where the floor of the cab wraps up to the floor of the house? It seemt to be hollow, and I thought it would make for a good location to add 6x9's.

I added a pioneer with ipod controller, but I have to do something to get the sound from being pointed directly at my ear canal by the international speakers to make it bearable. If its loud enough to hear it it hurts my ears.

Joe