PDA

View Full Version : cold crescendos

cold crescendo
02-10-2006, 02:38 PM
bought new crescendo, took off for a week, cold place,
heat does not warm up front of coach. gulf stream says its ok. my 10 yr old says its not. anybodyelse have any heat related problems?

RV Wizard
02-11-2006, 05:49 AM
I take it that the heating problem is when you are parked. You may have to place a small electric ceramic heater in front if the vents are so far back that they dont reach up there. Our coach is also colder in the front but since we don't sit up there is has not been a problem for us.

cold crescendo
02-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Good idea, but was wondering if others had same problem to try and get gulfstream to run a supply to the ft. We dont have electric hook ups very often and was trying to keep the generator off. Thanks for the help

RV Wizard
02-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Cold Crescendo, If there is cabinetry along the wall of the furnace you can run or extend a duct vent to the front. If not then another heater or furnace would have to be put into place. You may opt to have a small gas radiant heater either free standing or mounted to a cabinet or wall. It could be tee'd into the LP Gas system for fuel. Let us know what you think of this idea.

TSoul
03-08-2006, 08:51 AM
We took our new crescendo out in January. It was an unusally warm weekend here in PA and the temp hit 55. But it was cold at night. We set the furnace low and actually forgot about the ceramic heater. We all were comfortable everwhere in the coach. My 16 year old son was sleeping on the pull out bed in the front and said he was comfortable and warm all night.
At the same time I should mention that we don't expect the coach to be as warm as the house so we do use extra blankets and sweatshirts and flannels and such. None of us noticed any cold spots however.
I would go with a ceramic heater in the front or maybe another sort of propane heater that you can find at camping world. Some of them will require extra ventalation so you have to crack a vent or window. But those type of heaters do not use electric. Good luck and Happy Camping.

AAFD
03-08-2006, 10:03 AM
We have the same problem with our sun voyager. We use a small electric heater and place it up front.

KC